Welcome to Boardsortâ„¢ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:56 am

Post subject: Coloured motherboards
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:35 pm 
Site Admin

I just noticed last weekend the new categories on the payout page and quote form. Thought I'd take a moment to point them out to everyone else.
Boardsort now requires that non-green motherboards be sorted separately from green ones. In all motherboard classes.
I already know what a few are going to point to on this. I immediately emailed and asked.
Yes the colours are set in stone
No gigabyte red extreme boards don't go as another class. Nor do x class boards from asus.
I know; it sucks. It is what it is.
Do keep in mind I believe boardsort was one of the last, if not THE last, major buyer to not require this extra split of colour from green.

So to reiterate:
Colour small socket
Green small socket

Colour metal socket
Green metal socket

Large socket all colours

Multi small socket all colours
Multi metal socket all colours
Multi large socket all colours

Last edited by lostinlodos on Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thearchivebooks Found a mistake

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:45 pm 

Just a point...

My last shipment included a large number of large socket boards and I am pretty sure there were some colored ones in there (from laptops, mainly).
I got large socket price (the only price on the list for large socket) for the boards I sent, and I did not receive an email from Chris or anyone from Boardsort at large to separate the large socket varieties in the future.
I'm not sure if this was a courtesy (I've been selling here for years, by mail and in person) or if it was an oversight, but as of today, there is still only one price for large socket regardless of the color (as far as I can tell).

I would like some clarification from Chris or someone from Boardsort on the matter, if at all possible.
Just large socket boards, the small/metal socket ones have been this way for some time now.
Not to contradict what you have posted Lodos, I just want to make sure this is the case.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:33 pm 
Site Admin

You're absolutely correct on everything.
I messed up that post with cut and paste. Fixed it now!

And yes laptop motherboards still get large socket.
It very well may have been some time but I've not noticed myself since I rarely deal with small and metal socket mothers, atleast single socket units. Was dumbfounded when I went to look at a quote and saw new colour listings. But I'm going to need to go back and make some changes in statements around the site now, too. It's never dawned on me to look at the list before making posts in what is it. Lol
Again you're absolutely correct and thanks for posting, made me look at what I actually posted. :)