Welcome to Boardsortâ„¢ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:41 pm

Post subject: newbie questions
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:44 pm 

I don't get a lot of computer scrap but I have some I would like to ship out. I have some gold fingered cards and also some ram, most are green but have a few that are colored can these be mixed in with the others for shipping? Also I have a couple ram that are silver fingered and metal covered, since they are the same price can those be mixed? Thanks in advance, I am sure I will have other questions.

Post subject: Re: newbie questions
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:39 am 
Site Admin

Colours can be mixed.
They prefer the ram separated. For small lots like that i tend to double or triple wrap the types in Scotch tape and then bag them together. Makes it easier for them.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:22 am 

do the socket motherboards need the components removed or just the batteries?
and does clean cell phone boards mean shinny clean or no components and chips?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:46 am 
Site Admin

Only remove batteries and extra large heatsinks. Any sinks over 1.5 inch per side is my general guide.

(Note scratch heatsinks with a knife or screwdriver... copper ones should be sold locally. Worth more than mb price)

clean cell phone board means you removed any heat sinks and spreaders from them.

Notes:
Non soldered sinks pop off with #0 or #1 screwdriver. the "spine" and "veins" very thin steel posts and walls) can be left alone

Soldered ones... if they have holes in them like Samsung and Nokia you can pry the corners rather easily and just peal them off with a pair of plyers
For the solid ones like apple and blackberry i use a Type 2 robo-grip and just squeeze and yank them at the edges. 9 times in 10 no damage (if you loose just one or two small ics or cmcs no one is gonna mind)
If You're not in to clearing the soldered heatsinks from cell boards they have a grade of their own that's not listed. Just keep them separate from the "clean" boards and make a note in Your submission when you finalize your order for sending (second page after you enter all your weights).

The only colour that hurts you is bare brown.
No reputable company refuses other colours any more since it's an old myth. Rule of thumb is if they offer less for a red or orange board than green than they're ignorant or lying to you. Either way run. And take your stuff with you.

Ram should be separated just because it takes you a few seconds to wrap a piece of Scotch tape around the rambus (shield) and silver ram and it's rude not to. ;)