Welcome to Boardsortâ„¢ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:26 pm

Post subject: Long Haul
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:25 pm 

I would like to thank Chris and Richard for a successful trip to Boardsort. Especially Richard who checked me in at the scales. He was very patient with me as I figured out the weigh-in process. I was very anxious because, I worked over 6 months on the E-waste load that I brought in. I live in Southern Missouri and the drive was around 14 hours and 850 plus miles to the facility. The weigh-in took around 30 minutes and things went fine. Boardsort weighs the larger boards by the pound and the smaller items such as cell phones and CPU'S by the ounce. They write a check on the spot and their bank is less than a mile away and easy to find. However, the bank charged me a $25 out of state resident fee to cash the check. We are certainly all in the wrong business at charges like this. If board sort could pay cash at the weigh in it would be better for the seller. My trade is journalism and I'm very skeptical of things, plus I live in the "show me state". Overall though, Boardsort came through and it was a pleasant experience. I would trust them again and plan on bringing them another load. Thanks Guys

Post subject: Re: Long Haul
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:26 am 
Reputable Seller

The reason why they issue checks for in-person payouts is that the law requires them to do so, much like where I live. I, too, made a long haul to northeastern Ohio to sell my load. However, when I cashed the check, the bank branch I went to only took a 1% fee. I would look back at your scale ticket and see if the bank fee is more than what 1% is of what you were paid.