Welcome to Boardsort™ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:37 am

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:37 am 

Hi, all. I just delivered my first load of approximately 600 pounds to Boardsort. In spite of the fact that the roads were under construction most of the way from Cincinnati to Cleveland, thereby adding several hours to the travel time, delivery in person was a pleasant experience. The personnel at the facility were knowledgeable, Efficient and courteous. Thanks to all here who have posted, and of course, Chris and Lostinlosdos, I had managed to sort the thirty or so boxes fairly well. The crew mostly had to pick out the few that would go at a higher grade than where I had placed them. They took care to point out why I should keep certain types of board separate from the general run.
There was one aspect that I should mention. Since some of my material was upgraded, I was paid more than I expected, which was great. The downside is that the increase in payment made my check go over $2500. Is that bad? No, but under other circumstances, it could be bad. It seems that JP Morgan/Chase Bank have a policy of refusing to cash a check drawn on them, if presented by a non-account holder, if the amount of the check exceeds $2500. The bank teller offered to direct me to a commercial check cashing outfit, but I declined the offer, as I did not need cash. (The nice people at the bank also offered me free coffee...from an empty coffee pot. I didn't mind not getting cash, but one should never deny the coffee to an old caffeine-holic )
I will be selling to boardsort again, real soon. A special thanks to the warehouse crew. David Boring

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:29 pm 
Site Admin

Chase; is a mixed bag. They’re my primary bank.
Yes, the policy is ‘real’.

For a non account holder my suggestion for the future is this.

Go to a full branch, one with a private client service.

Go well before 2pm. There’s some sort of record or system turnover that happens between 2 and 230 local time...so I’m told.

Sign in on the account manager sheet, don’t go to a teller unless there’s a corporate/private client combo teller line separate.
::if they ask you or direct you to a teller after signing in for an accounts manager politely ask to speak to the AM anyway. Don’t argue.

Have TWO forms of ID, one state or federal with a photo (eg licence).

Tell the AM the complete truth,I’m A from City B and went to BoardSort and would like cash etc etc. Ask them to verify the cheque and etc.

The AM has more freedom with regulations than the tellers do.
It May or may not work. So don’t get mad if it doesn’t. Not all AMs can do it in all branches.
But it’s worth a try. AMs also commonly have their own private pod machines for offering coffee too. So you may get a fresh cup offered to you.
;)

I got a few cheques from a company I deal with that were over the limit (then At $999) over a decade ago. The kindness and honesty of the AM had me open an account a few months later. I’ve moved everything to chase since then.
Their rules can be a pain from time to time but local branches go out of their way to get to know the customers and really do, often, care about them.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:39 pm 

Thanks for the explanation of the bank policy. I am used to the small town banks where they only have a few branches in nearby towns, so get confused when I encounter a bank with national offices. Of course, I had the option of photo-depositing the check in my own hometown bank as soon as I got it, simply by taking a photo on a smart phone and "depositing" it online.