Welcome to Boardsortâ„¢ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:56 pm

Post subject: Old 80's ISA Card
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 4:01 pm 

Hi, Im looking to know if that old 80's ISA Card are worth more than Gold Fingered Cards ?

Attachments:
2014-05-09 14.27.17.jpg
2014-05-09 14.27.17.jpg [ 2.19 MiB | Viewed 6576 times ]

Post subject: Re: Old 80's ISA Card
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 9:44 pm 
Reputable Seller

The top one would most likely go as telecom grade. I'm curious if the card will keep telecom grade if the fingers were removed. The other two may get telecom grade if left intact.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 7:03 pm 

kgryczan wrote:
The top one would most likely go as telecom grade. I'm curious if the card will keep telecom grade if the fingers were removed. The other two may get telecom grade if left intact.

Yeah I think that too, but i'M waiting for Boardsort reply.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 2:52 pm 

I had a similar one to the top one earlier. Lots of IC's with gold fingers. Went as-is as a telecom board.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 2:10 pm 
Site Admin

Top is Telecom and bottom two are Gold Finger Card.

As far as trimming the fingers, as a rule the card would be degraded significantly.

I will be making a extended post in the future about devaluing boards but I will summarize here.

When buying e-scrap online, we must base our purchases on assumptions. We are assuming the value of an item long before we actually see a return.

That is the beauty of buying computer scrap. As long as it remains unaltered, then we are fairly safe with our assumptions. Essentially, a motherboard is a motherboard and there is not much variation between them other than socket size.

When we start talking about modified materials then all of that goes out the window. Granted, in this case that board is still pretty nice with or without fingers. However, that is a slippery slop that we would rather not go down.

In order to remain competitive (we offer some of the highest payouts in the industry) we must maintain a level of consistency with respect to buying. Once we start deviating from our formulas the risks can quickly outweigh the rewards.

Some items we lose on (or at least don't make out as well on) where others are a better gain. In the end the idea is to strike a fair balance between the two. By regularly purchasing modified materials at non-modified prices we offset that balance and ultimately we are forced to lower all of our payouts to equalize it out.

I will discuss this more in a future post.