Welcome to Boardsortâ„¢ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:32 am

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:02 pm 

Hello,

I just went through and did two different sell orders with no problem and got the invoice and everything. On the third shipment I go through the sell process but when I go to finalize the sell it says the connection was disconnected and I get an error page. I then hit refresh and I get the invoice summary and an email but they are blank for the material list. At the top of the invoice there is a line that says:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/content/04/7834604/html/instant/qfinish.php on line 4

Any ideas what could be the issue? I was thinking it may be one of the pictures I attached or something but they were all taken with my phone and the other two shipments didn't have any issues.

Thanks,
Kevin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:14 am 
Site Admin

Sounds like a cache clash crash.

Just fill out the form and try again.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:13 pm 

So I tried it three times yesterday and had the same issue. So I waited until today to try again. Cleared all history and cookies from my browser and still got the same result which said connection reset. This was using firefox. I switched over to windows explorer and tried doing it using that browser and that also did not go through. I am not sure what to do now or what is causing the issue. I have done 4 orders now with no issues and I am not sure what I would be doing differently this time to cause the problem. I don't want to keep retrying since I am unsure what goes through to boardsort's invoices. I am assuming they now have 5 blank invoices from me so sorry.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:47 pm 
Site Admin

It's not (shouldn't be) an image.
It's registering an invalid input
There's a few things to look at here since it's recurring across browsers.
If you're using partial numbers such as three tenths of an ounce of gold fingers enter 0.3 not .3

If you're inputting 17 ounces of something use 1 lb and 1 ounce

If you have an ad blocker such as AB+ set an exception for boardsort. Easily done by clicking on the blocker icon and disabling it on this site

If you're using a script blocker such as no script... the have a place for more advanced users poking around in the underbelly of the web but for the general population they cause more (often random) issues than they solve. If you're worried about security your better off combining AB+ with a flash killer.
If you're in the boat I'm referring to for having a use for it disabling it on boardsort may solve issues.

Finally if you're scripting on your own (e.g. Grease monkey, MyCss etc) you may need to add an exception into the script for boardsort to not trap calls for the site.
If none of this works or applies there's more serious issues to look at from a minor botch in Windows firewall settings to an unwanted proxy or even hacked/damaged host settings strings. I'll walk you through as far as I can.

I'll also call Chris tomorrow and see if he can verify the logs for your quote and see if the problem is server side.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:45 pm 

So to finalize this, I completely rebooted my computer to see if that would work and it didn't. I then used a completely different laptop to see if that computer would work and it did not, it had the same exact problem. But, the package had three items in it with one of them being IC chips which weren't worth much so I figured I would try the order without those in it to see what would happen and then it went through! So not sure why having those in the sell order made it not go through but I will just add them to the next shipment and hope it doesn't happen again. Anyways, Thanks for your input and help lostinlodos.

On a side note, if I didn't hit refresh after the connection was reset then I never received the email from Chris for the invoice so hopefully those last two times I tried didn't send through blank invoices like before.

I also noticed on the last email I got it now has my transaction count being 10 but in reality should only be 5 since half of those were the blank ones that went through. Not sure if that count has an effect on anything.

Hopefully smooth sailing from here on out.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:50 am 
Site Admin

I ran out of time today since they're ahead of me but I will follow up with a cal Friday first thing.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:21 pm 
Site Admin

Following up on this I've been running some scans across multiple variations and cached versions of the pages and while I CAN randomly replicate the issues I've not yet figured out the why of it.
I don't have access to the backend logs yet to figure out any fault codes but it really does look to be random.
Chris and I have both separately come to similar conclusions that there is something wrong in a line level conversion in units but I simply can't find a way to break it.
We ARE looking into it.

If anyone knows PHP (fluently) please contact Chris (main page has email) or I (at gmail) if you're interested in volunteering to helping out.
To be technical I believe there's a codepage fault somewhere and it's not properly translating the various lines in conversion of ounces to fractional pounds. And appears to be user side, not backend.