Welcome to Boardsort™ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:50 pm

Post subject: Drop off in person
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:27 pm 

Hello, I used boardsort a few years ago and have been away for a while (while still collecting junk for my next haul). My last haul I delivered in person. As I am looking, the address seems to be a different one. Did the drop off move locations? It seemed like a pretty large scale operation just to up and move.

Second question: Is there a drop off center in Wheeling WV associated to this one?

Thanks in advance!

Post subject: Re: Drop off in person
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:56 pm 
Site Admin

Yes new drop off location.

Don't know but don't think so.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:40 pm 

Their Eastlake location was moved recently. The new location is just a bit further west in Euclid now. I would give you the address, but for some reason they haven't listed it and I don't want to step on any toes in case they doing it for a reason. The home page says to email or call them to get it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:12 am 
Site Admin

mls26cwru wrote:
I don't want to step on any toes in case they doing it for a reason. The home page says to email or call them to get it.

Simply put it's a scheduling thing. As far as what little I'm aware. They previously had a few places noting to call before coming etc.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:29 pm 
Site Admin

And the address is still listed here:
http://boardsort.com/escrapforum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2122

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:43 pm 

that's the address on the front page that they say is not for in-person drop offs.

I am not sure if it was a change to the way they do things, or if was something that was supposed to be changed... can you check with Chris to see what is supposed to be correct? I know they do in-person drop off's at the Mentor location, and I had always assumed they did at the Alliance one too, but maybe that has changed?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:36 am 
Site Admin

I'll email him in a bit. Your right on that. I thought that address was removed but now it looks like a... an email is in order.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:02 pm 
Site Admin

Thank lostinlodos for everything you do here, and for pointing out the inconsistent address information for drop offs in our forum.

The correct address for in person drop offs is actually at our facility in Wickliffe, Ohio. I erroneously posted our Alliance address in the forum topic.

Unfortunately we are not yet making in person purchases in our Alliance, Ohio facility but that will be changing very soon. Our intention was to begin in person purchases immediately when we opened the Alliance location but logistics, bureaucracy and red tape have made it difficult. (Ohio scrap purchasing location laws are extremely restrictive). As soon as we get the OK from the State and get a few other details ironed out we will be making the change to a more relaxed in-person selling policy in Alliance.

In the mean time we ask that you set an appointment with me so that I can make sure that 1) we have a check reserved for you that day and 2) we don't have too many trucks coming and going that day so that we can have enough staff to available properly service you.

I know it is a pain sometimes to plan these things ahead of time, and soon you will be able to drop off on a whim, but at this time we need to make sure we know who is coming, on which day, so on and so forth.

The reason the address is not posted is not that it is a secret location, it is that I want to make sure the arrangements are in order to give you the best service we can. By posting the address, many users will not take the necessary steps to notify me first before making the journey and will just blindly show up. There are many times that this could be a hindrance to our operations (both from a safety and efficiency standpoint) and could have a negative effect your selling experience.

So as of now until further notice (soon), please drop me a line with the Monday thru Friday date you would like to come to our Wickliffe location and I will happily make it happen.

Thanks for understanding! Carry on!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:25 pm 
Site Admin

Monday through Friday? But I want to come on Sunday! at 3AM! Lol

Thanks.
That makes things crystal clear.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:12 am 

We had a conspiracy going there for a while. There are spies everywhere. LOL
It is nice to have a clarification on drop offs though. Thank you Lost.