Welcome to Boardsort™ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:14 am

Post subject: Re: Mouse boards
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:53 am 

just my 2 cents but ive gotten both... it seems to mater if theres been damage to the legs of the ic/or if it never hand a lot of ''legs''to began with as well.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:53 am 

rdw1121 wrote:
O no.....I started an argument lol.

hardly :P

I won't ever discount what someone got because you never know what happened... there may have been a mix up on the sorting, there may have been a mix up at the computer, the may have been a newbie at the scale, etc... And sometimes different people grade things slightly different.

All I can attest to is what my experiences have been... And I deal with a different group of guys. I think about 2 years ago, boardsort expanded and opened the second facility in Alliance. I have never been down there yet because their other location is much closer to me, and it is where all the original guys (who took the time to educate me and explained how and what to sort) that I have talked for years are. All the packaged deliveries go to Alliance and the in-person drop-offs they try to schedule to Euclid.

I think it is only natural that there would be differences from time to time when dealing with two different groups, so it would follow that there should be some different grading experiences as well.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:14 pm 
Site Admin

Chris says as long as the optics are complete AND have gold pins.
Guess we’re all a bit off on this one.
I’m still a bit sad. Silver pin ones are midgrade.
:(

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:02 pm 

mls26cwru wrote:
rdw1121 wrote:
O no.....I started an argument lol.

hardly :P

I won't ever discount what someone got because you never know what happened... there may have been a mix up on the sorting, there may have been a mix up at the computer, the may have been a newbie at the scale, etc... And sometimes different people grade things slightly different.

All I can attest to is what my experiences have been... And I deal with a different group of guys. I think about 2 years ago, boardsort expanded and opened the second facility in Alliance. I have never been down there yet because their other location is much closer to me, and it is where all the original guys (who took the time to educate me and explained how and what to sort) that I have talked for years are. All the packaged deliveries go to Alliance and the in-person drop-offs they try to schedule to Euclid.

I think it is only natural that there would be differences from time to time when dealing with two different groups, so it would follow that there should be some different grading experiences as well.

I was just kidding with the argument comment.
Believe you me, I appreciate any and all help and guidance from everyone here. We are all humans and we all make mistakes from time to time, I wasn't absolutely positive which way they would grade that's why I asked, although I am very surprised you (Lost) and Mls were both off on this one.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:06 pm 

lostinlodos wrote:
Chris says as long as the optics are complete AND have gold pins.
Guess we’re all a bit off on this one.
I’m still a bit sad. Silver pin ones are midgrade.
:(

Ok that being said what I have is going to be mid grade then right?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:54 am 
Site Admin

The opposite, see my photo here, these optical chips have gold pins making them peripheral.
Chris specifically said everything you had posted in this thread is Peripheral. the first two photos just edging over the line for the class.

Attachments:
17AE465D-E9D7-446F-A05E-41A690A9F145.jpeg
17AE465D-E9D7-446F-A05E-41A690A9F145.jpeg [ 596.12 KiB | Viewed 5322 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:16 pm 
Site Admin

rdw1121 wrote:
I was just kidding with the argument comment.
Believe you me, I appreciate any and all help and guidance from everyone here. We are all humans and we all make mistakes from time to time, I wasn't absolutely positive which way they would grade that's why I asked, although I am very surprised you (Lost) and Mls were both off on this one.

Mls goes in person, I send stuff in. So we’re dealing with two different sets of reviewers. It’s why we both fall back to Chris’s.

That said I’ve been sending optical and laser mice to boardsort every shipment since my first, often atleast a few dozen each time.
Mice are my stress balls; every time something goes wrong they get squeezed, smashed, pounded, or tossed across the room... sometimes worse.
I go through a lot of mice [:blush]

There’s a few that I sorted out for site review that got upgraded to telco.
The iPuck mouse (normally sells $20+ doa) which I cracked the board.
The ORIGINAL Logitech g5; (doa $50+) that landed in the sink.
The IBM track mouse (doa 30+) landed in my dinner. Good shot bad ending.
Etc.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:00 pm 

Hello everyone, it's been a while since I've been here. But on one of my older post i sent in pictures of mouse boards. Even though the board is brown. The chip has gold legs. So therefore peripheral.... right Los??

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:59 pm 
Site Admin

Exactly.