Welcome to Boardsort™ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:32 pm

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:32 pm 

[code][/code]Hey there! I'm new to this program and and not sure what exactly I have as far as quality and this and that. I believe I have a bunch of mid to low grade boards with most of the gold and silver plated pieces pulled off and separated. Should I post pictures of everything and wait 4 a response with someone's opinion? Please help a brother out! I have computer boards and cell phone boards and most of them are cracked here in there. The batteries are pulled out on everything but some items have been left on there because I wasn't sure exactly what I was doing when I started scrapping them in the beginning. The only thing I heard was that the gold and silver plated chips and other things where worth money. I didn't know anything much besides that. Today is my first day with the site and would appreciate is much advice and opinions as I could get. I guess I'll wait for a response before I post all kinds of pictures?! TKS Matt

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:07 am 
Site Admin

I’ll be back later tonight with a fuller reply but anyone else... jump in in the meantime

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:52 am 

The first thing I suggest is to go to the e scrap gallery link top left hand side of home page. By looking at the pictures and descriptions not only do you learn what each item is,what it looks like and what it is called but you learn the different categories. Then you go to price list to get idea of values for each item and also the are links there for pics of the items. Then after you get some idea of the names of items then go through the different sections of the posts from oldest to up to date and do each section, the reason for this is there are so many variations of boards, the posts and discussions will help your understanding. This is going to take time. I read and reread the posts for a year before I even joined. I am still learning. Lostinlodos is the expert here and he works hard to help everyone. I can't say it enough to do the job right or even close you need to spend the time on research through the posts and gallery.
The reason for learning first then scrapping is so that you pull off the items that should be removed and not the ones that devalue the item. It is ok to sort the items as you pull them but I wouldn't remove anything other than batteries and heat sinks until looking over the pictures and descriptions.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:20 pm 
Site Admin

Well, Mdes covered it well.
Beyond that some basic thoughts.
Always remove batteries and heatsinks.
Don’t remove anything else unless told to do so.

Batteries go boom in recycling environments and if your yard burns to the ground they won’t be buying from you.
Junk weight lowers values; be it heat sinks and fans on computer boards, AA batteries in cans, or glass in aluminium doors. The less “clean” your scrap is the lower the grade you can expect. Not taking the few moments to unscrew the fan from a PCIe SSD and pop off the fins turns a telco class board into peripheral. The few moments is worth it.
Likewise, extra removal is also bad. Pulling chips off boards downgrades them fast.

Ultimately everything you need for selling to boardsort is just about covered. In the forum threads here. But, when in doubt post a picture and someone will help you.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:42 am 

i agreee to whats stated above...^

to add ......
there is a fine line in a board that has been ''devauled" to acceptable leval and one thats just junk . chris the admin[Boardsort] is the one who has to decide when it comes to those things he has expresed many times that he really not interested in buying boards like that so before you do anything check with him when procceding with that kinda stuff.