Welcome to Boardsort™ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:27 am

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:12 pm 

Attachment:
IMG_4327.JPG
IMG_4327.JPG [ 2.36 MiB | Viewed 4953 times ]
Attachment:
IMG_4325.JPG
IMG_4325.JPG [ 2.79 MiB | Viewed 4953 times ]
Two more problem boards, then start loading to head to Cleveland Ohio. You know the old saying, "neither sleet nor rain nor snow keeps the hungry man from hauling his load".

On the first board, I have already removed the aluminum face over the ports. Inside the two ports are a total of six gold plated connector pins, weighing a total of 6 grams. (slightly yellow metal when the pin is broken, so assuming is brass underneath) A small gold plated connector on the same end, a larger one on the other end, then copper on the back. Does the connectors lift it to peripheral status, or should I rob the connectors and throw in midgrade?

On the second board, weight before cleaning is 3 1/2 pounds. At midgrade 20 cents, that is about 70 cents. After cleaning, the board is slightly over 1/2 pound, so do I leave the gold fingers on and go peripheral at about 70 cents, or trim the fingers, which are 6 grams, or 1/5 ounce, which is about 30 cents more for the fingers. I consider the copper contained in the 8 transformers weighing a total of 3 pounds as neglible, as they are embedded in the metal housing filled with tar/asphalt, and will take some effort to recover. Since I have about a dozen like this, it still seems that about 12 bucks is the max they will bring no matter what.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:25 pm 
Site Admin

Top one is midgrade. No hope. Cut the big port free for gold pin connector
And steal the thick pins from the metal ports for gold pin rate. They look like healthy pins for you.

Second board is, yes, peripheral. The decision is yours.
That has a soldered canister battery somewhere. Guaranteed.
I don’t see it though (did you pull it already?).
Since you’re bringing it in it’s not a major issue. Just keep it separate and let the dock guys know I said there’s a battery somewhere and we don’t know where.
The battery stores a 30 byte is code