Welcome to Boardsortâ„¢ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:32 pm

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:12 pm 

These boards came out of a ssd mechanical harddrive how would they be classified

Attachments:
20141025_190506.jpg
20141025_190506.jpg [ 2.82 MiB | Viewed 6038 times ]
20141025_190525.jpg
20141025_190525.jpg [ 2.81 MiB | Viewed 6038 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:56 am 

I'd think peripheral at best but I'll let one of the moderators grade them. However, if you have ever considered collecting Tantalum to sell at a later date, now would be a good time to start. In both of your photos, those little yellowish globs of epoxy like substance are Tantalum capacitors. In your first photo, at far top right, that little silver colored cannister between the two rows of IC's is likely Tantalum. If it appears as though one of the wires coming from it has been soldered on, then it is. There's three more like it at left in your second photo. Doesn't take that long to get a pound of them. There's lots of buyers that will pay $20-$70 a pound depending on the type. I don't believe your board would be downgraded by removing them, at least it wouldn't by any buyer that I know of.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:58 am 

Periphial but barely

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:29 pm 

I would buy them peripheral, the IC chips being the reason being just enough, any less chips or any more board mid grade. Some may buy that mid grade, but personal experience tells me that Boardsort will pay you periph.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:38 pm 

As far as the tantalum being removed I guess its all on the buyer. I wouldnt downgrade because I dont save any to sell, however if say DVR boards, or cable or sat receiver boards in general are periph all day, anywhere, thats legit anyway, but they are always good for flatpacks, which I do save and sell, and I can see when they've been removed. If a periph board had only one and it was removed, and usually in consumer electronics theres not usually healthy chip pop w flatpacks too, in cable or sat boards anyway, but take the only flatpacks I'll down grade to mid grade. Leave me one and I'm cool. Boardsort doesn't down grade, unless there are no other chips really. So it just depends what the buyer is looking for. I make a killing off of flatpacks! I go spend $200 on load of towers and boards from the repair shop and the flatpacks more than cover that cost. Not really w Boardsort, although they do pay $30/lb, which isnt too bad. Just know ur buyer before depopin ur board in anyway.