Welcome to Boardsortâ„¢ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:29 am

Post subject: Alkaline batteries
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:51 pm 

I know, I know. Time spent taping battery leads is lost money. However, I have thousands of pounds of alkaline batteries. And could potentially get thousands more. In a situation where I would be bringing barrel loads of batteries would every single battery be checked. I figured just make little battery packs with black tape. Or died each battery need to be wrapped by itself? Or what if I do a layer of batts leads up and down then tape layer etc. etc. ?

Post subject: Re: Alkaline batteries
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:17 pm 

Boardsort is most worried about the batteries shorting out and exploding. They have had a few Lithium ones explode in their warehouse.

It says the batties must be taped over, but I would think if you had them in a heavy cardboard box and had a layer with all the batteries standing up then a few layers of cardboard and another layer of batteries, cardboard,batteries until the box was full, it would be much quicker and cheaper then buying all that tape. The end result would be the same as taping them.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:30 pm 

Yeah, I figured as long as the leads are not touching in any way it would be okay. Just wanted to be sure though. I have also seen stored bat ties heat up and explode. But never alkaline. They usually just end up breaking open and leaking. But if it can be as simple as a few pieces of cardboard between layers I could handle that.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:37 am 

Is boardsort currently paying for alkaline batteries? If so how much?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:24 pm 

Bumping this topic. I would still like to know if boardsort is buying alkaline batteries.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:57 pm 
Reputable Seller

Not according to their current price list. Have you checked locally with scrap yards in your area to see if they buy alkaline batteries? I would think they would not pay much, but I do know they get melted down and the metals can be reused.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:10 am 

bump for Boardsort.com

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:49 pm 

Ill check it out this coming week. The list they post on here is a quarter of all they truly take. I was there yesterday and meant to get a copy of the list they had, with dif payouts for things. I was helping the new kid find stuff on it as noticed they take AC adapters, which I threw out 500lbs or more for 8 cents a pound at the scrap yard and they pay something like $.20/lb and nickel CA batteries they buy for 3 or 4 cents a pound. Ya what they have on here is nothing near what all they take.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:38 am 

if someone could get a full list of what they accept, that would be very helpful.