Welcome to Boardsort™ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:05 pm

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:24 pm 

Attachment:
bordsortswitch000.jpg
bordsortswitch000.jpg [ 797.37 KiB | Viewed 4888 times ]
Attachment:
boardsort switch1.jpg
boardsort switch1.jpg [ 1.12 MiB | Viewed 4896 times ]
Attachment:
boardsort router1.jpg
boardsort router1.jpg [ 1.05 MiB | Viewed 4896 times ]
[attachment=1
Attachment:
0-eb2c.jpg
0-eb2c.jpg [ 803.45 KiB | Viewed 4896 times ]
[Do these routers have a class? I scrapped a couple and don't think the boards have much going for them, and definitely nothing in the shell. I don't see anything to lift them to the networking class. And on this saw filtering modulater: does it make networking class? While similar modulator units are offered in the twenty dollar range on ebay, I have no way of checking them, and nothing is worse than selling defective units on ebay….not only do you lose the money, the shipping, but also your reputation and positive ratings.

Attachments:
0-eb2b.jpg
0-eb2b.jpg [ 281.37 KiB | Viewed 4896 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:48 pm 
Site Admin

There is no networking class for boards. So while they go as networking equipment. Best to pull the boards which are often peripheral.
It’s not until you get into prosumer and commercial level equipment that you start finding telco class stuff. And firewalls. Most of which will be low telco.

What makes the payout so high for whole networking equipment isn’t that it’s valuable any more than the others but that 99% of routers and switches can be opened, pulled, and cleaned in under 30 seconds.
Screwless ones just jam a large standard screwdriver, size 2 or larger, into the middle where the colours are different or you see a lip on solid colour ones.
For screw ones. A power driver set to 7 or 8 with a size matched bit. You can pull a screw per second.
So for the likes of the Cisco cube you have there just jam a screwdriver down between the edge; twist hard and crack it. . Pop the top, and likely the bottom, covers off. Unscrew the 3-5 screws and enjoy the peripheral rate.
The pdi has potential for a better board.
The second Cisco I believe is a pull out case. Find the lip and yank.
Eva is most likely peripheral as well.