Welcome to Boardsort™ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:02 pm

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:16 am 

Sorry folks, but for some reason the Drunken Sailor song popped into my head when I started my question about the Cisco system.
I acquired a Cisco IP phone multi charger with six Cisco 7925 phones when a local university discarded them. It only took me a week to plug the charger in, inset the batteries in the charging slot, and then turn on the phones. They all power up, search for networks, and finding none, shut down. There is no data or numbers, or call records, etc on the phones.
I am a scrapper, and usually nothing escapes the hammer and claw once I get it. If I cannot guarantee something is working, I either offer it as is, for decoration, for parts or dismantle it for scrap. I know nothing of servers or IP phones. So, the question is, how should I list these on Ebay? Can a buyer use them with his existing Cisco network. Actually, I prefer to get scrap... even though the money is more selling online, the money doesn't make up for the hassle of selling something I don't know or understand. (Don't worry, Boardsort. There were several scrapable towers and high grade boards included in the deal, so you will get your share.)
And, a big THANK YOU for making this board available.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:07 am 
Site Admin

These are a strange group, wireless phones in general.
If they take a charge, power up, and boot; they’re good to go. But they rarely go.
In this case I point to the ebay search refinements and not to the sold, but the UNSOLD auctions. For every lot that sells hundreds don’t. You can walk into most donation thrift shops in the country and buy handsets for $0.99-$4.99.
You can score a decent payday if you have the exact model someone is looking for. And wait 36 months for that to happen.

Personally I scrap them. Just too much effort here. By the time someone buys them I’ll have lost the inventory location... and have to cancel the order. Just to find the box buried on a shelf a week later. Which in anger and frustration I will then scrap.
And yes I am talking about IP phones. Any and all cordless phones, analog, digital, 5.9ghz, 6ghz, IP: any cordless office phone.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:35 pm 

OK. After checking on some internet sales sites, it appears a few or the 6 pack charger and IP portable phones are slowly selling in the $150 to $300 range, so for anything over a hundred bucks, I deem it prudent to offer it Craigslist and Marketplace locally before making scrap. I included Craigslist, because I am so lonesome to converse with more scammers...my recent postings haven't been worth their trying to scam me.