Welcome to Boardsort™ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:11 pm

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:39 pm 

i was compelled to write this post after reading the announcement from Chris regarding operations during the current crisis. The intent, the tone, and the content that he presented was a pleasant respite from constant barrage of doom and gloom we are currently being inundated with. This is a very serious situation and his/their broad concern displays a high level of character and serves to instill confidence towards our future dealing with boardsort. Thank You.

Craig Hermo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:28 pm 
Reputable Seller

My advice is to use your best discretion when timing your next shipment. Although Boardsort is still accepting deliveries, their wait periods have increased. I'm opting to wait out this whole mess and resume my shipping when things begin to return to normal. I would rather have our carriers ship critical supplies to places that need them as opposed to having my one or two boxes of scrap taking up that space at the present time.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:11 pm 

I have a family member that works for ups, and he told me the trucks that are usually full, are now half full or less due to businesses being closed.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:58 pm 
Site Admin

It depends on area. There’s almost no local use right now.
On the other side companies like Amazon, Walmart/Sams, Tiger Direct, CDW... sales are moving higher than normal.
I’ve heard carriers complain they got called in to deliver a single package and others saying they’re so swamped they may not recover for months.
The post office is at a complete standstill. They are simply not equipped to handle the volume.
Fedex is not honouring time guarantees and has been discussing switching from the current guaranteed shipments to estimations.

For better and for worse UPS is, was, a Slowly dying organisation before the pandemic. Their contracts are not being renewed. Their workforce turn over rate is catastrophic on paper.
I don’t mean they are going to just poof vanish! But they have been in trouble for some time.
Honestly if you don’t mind the pricing (or live in a sweet spot for pricing)... they are probably the most on time service at the moment.
USPS is backlogged even on Priority and Priority Express. They’ve shut down international guarantees.

But I can speak from experience from both postal workers and as someone who ships and receives quite a bit. The post office is in serious trouble with the extreme volume now moving.
The Usps sub over at Reddit is a wealth of info from an inside view. (Keep in mind it’s intended for them, so keep viewpoint in mind!).
My own discussion with the local sorting centre, they’re moving the entire Christmas season volume (nov20-dec20) every week.
That’s insanity!

As for ups they have a choke issue in their network. Delayed air transport is unavailable (cargo on passenger flights). So some places are seeing no arrivals because of delays. Then a convoy of TTS show up with deliveries due tomorrow. :facepalm:

So for every driver for any company; smile. Wave! Be thankful. Logistics is upside down at the moment and nobody was ready for it.