Welcome to Boardsort™ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:41 am

Post subject: I need help.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:34 am 
Site Admin

Anyone have any experience in use of Swift?

I wrote a batch interface calculator in D* that is basically a front end batcher for python scripts some time ago.
It’s implemented as a C++ shell with a QT overlay, X11 calls, and apple script.
Apple is about to drop support for qt (sish:secret).
Anyone know of a packager for python and 11 I can implement in something Apple supports OOB?

Post subject: Re: I need help.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:37 am 
Site Admin

Btw my only experience in “visual” PLs beyond above is Basic. I’m a raw bare metal coder by historical necessity. I prefer assembler/assembly based approaches but I’m always willing to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:48 am 

The only languages I know are Visual basic, VB.net, C++, C#, Java, XML, SQL server, ASP.net, Advance Access and Excel, Oracle, and Python.

Been years since I coded something but I do know general questions of such and have many books still in hand.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:22 am 
Site Admin

[quote="Spence1015"]The only languages I know ..[/quote{

TLDR: suggestion on an intermediary between he archaic AS and the moder Swift? I tend to learn best by finding commonalities and working out from there.

Sadly Apple is killing off everything non-Xcode compatible with big sur/MacOS 11.
I managed to create a source cask locally via a LAMP install, to bottle for homebrew. Which works for now. But that’s a hack. I obviously have no clue how to make the transition to swift.
I write hard script drivers and firmware. Mostly in Assembly, occasionally in an Assembler. Apple script and Microsoft PP is the limit of my scripting ability. Occasional I’ll wonder into xml as I have a background In HTML 1 and 2.
But that’s Martians saying otherwise is dishonest. Especially since I use xml to call scripts under Apple script. Lol.

I’ve played with the C subset over the years. I made an office plugin which is basically a wrapper for an MVDN macro in VDN. But even that is cheating since the macro builder uses MSVB6 and wraps it in a net container with command pass through.

I think what I need to do is rebuild the series entirety but I donuknow pythowell enough to do so in that language. And swift? I’m scratching my head.

Honestly I miss binary. Yes or no or nul!!!! On or off or nul!!!
Then again as a Bin/ASB fan I’m one of those people who is adamant that 1/0=1 and not flt.