Welcome to Boardsort™ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:40 am

Post subject: board grading.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:17 pm 

its time to sell a few boxes please ID for good sorting

Attachments:
File comment: time to sell the next boxes before price go down again, please grade thanks,,,,
1.jpg
1.jpg [ 1.65 MiB | Viewed 11550 times ]
File comment: removed unwanted metal and transformers etc.
2.jpg
2.jpg [ 1.65 MiB | Viewed 11550 times ]
File comment: removed unwanted metal and transformers etc.
3.jpg
3.jpg [ 1.68 MiB | Viewed 11550 times ]

Post subject: Re: board grading.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:48 pm 
Site Admin

A)
1-4 are cell class
5 probably clears the cell class threshold
6) by sight alone that one is telco.

Wifi cards) there is an aircard class. You can not access it in the quote for multiple reasons.
My suggestion is to sort by flashing. Any wifi cards with double sided gold flashing should be separated from the othera. They have the best.chance of getting an upgrade to aircard. The rest are gold finger cards.

B)
1-2) peripheral
3) telco
4) peripheral
5 the first) telco
5 the second) peripheral
6) Up to who grades it. My guess:
Peripheral
Telco
Peripheral
Peripheral
Peripheral
Peripheral
Telco
7) peripheral (you can remove the socketed ic chips.
C)
1-2) telco
3-6) peripheral
7) small socket mobo
8) probably telco
9) no idea. There's enough ics for telco but so much other stuff on there and no masking says it's a low metal board. A fluke.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:05 pm 

Thanks.. for the quick responce. every board graded les than telecom has to be depopulated and send the ic chips apart. from my location the best mailing sistem is, flat rate boxes. so, let`s get working. i still saving the very high class boards, sitting on them hoping gold, copper, etc. to rise a little up.

by the way,,is boardsort planning to make ofers for tantalum capacitors and monolithic ceramic capacitors?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:07 pm 
Site Admin

The idea's been bounced around but as far as I know they don't at the moment.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:43 pm 

Pulling the ics from boards higher than mid or low grade often results in a loss of profit. For example. 20 lbs of peripheral grade boards will get you 24$ as is. The weight of ic chips from 20 lbs of peripheral will be 1-3 lbs if your lucky and then u have a pile of extremely downgraded boards. So in short you are spending hours of time ripping ic chips to lose money it's voluntary slave labor in my opinion. Just my 2 cents.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:58 pm 

Best case scenario.....
As is-
20lb of peripheral at 1.20/lb = 24$

Stripping ic chips
3 lbs of ic chips at 3.50/lb = $10.50
And
17 lbs of mid grade at .20/lb = $3.40
==$13.90

That will put you 10$ in the red. And like I said that's best case scenario. If you can get 3 lbs of ic chips off 20 lbs of peripherals I will eat my hat. More likely that weight will be much less.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:16 pm 

Kmt16200 wrote:
Best case scenario.....
As is-
20lb of peripheral at 1.20/lb = 24$

Stripping ic chips
3 lbs of ic chips at 3.50/lb = $10.50
And
17 lbs of mid grade at .20/lb = $3.40
==$13.90

That will put you 10$ in the red. And like I said that's best case scenario. If you can get 3 lbs of ic chips off 20 lbs of peripherals I will eat my hat. More likely that weight will be much less.

KMT is correct... I have talked to Bruce before about taking things like MLCC's and Tant. Caps. In short, he doesn't do this because he does not want to promote stripping of components from boards he is already getting.

A long while ago, they used to payout a much higher rate for PCI cards that had the fingers cut off (trimmed finger cards). It was high enough that a profit could be made by refining the fingers and sending in the cards as trimmed finger cards... This cut into profits, so the price was dropped. It is no longer advantageous to refine the fingers on the side, so now I don't cut the fingers anymore. It would be the same for Tantalum caps and MLCC's.

you could try to find a third party to buy individual components, but the amount you would gain from the selling the components will be offset by the drastically reduced price of boards you send in. Only in some pretty extreme cases does it pay enough to make stripping a board worthwhile.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:59 pm 

you ar both right, but my situation is that from Puerto Rico i can only sell to boardsort by air in flat rate boxes all the mail companies here cost 125.00 for 68 pound box and by sea is just a little less. what i do is depopulate the boards with a home made machine and take the valued parts to get the most from the periferal and mid grade boards. then sell the boards here at .20 pound mixed. here in Puerto rico we dont have e waste yards. they just buy non ferrows metals and dont have any idea of the valor of e scrapping. i was sending the big stuff to other company that pays for the shipping but stopped because the resulting profit was low. so im saving the real gud stuff for later desition (refine myself or sell) location y a issue for me. trucking companies give me good prices to florida but to ohio they are killing me.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:10 am 

I can definitely understand how that puts an added expense for you. I should have mentioned that I live very close to boardsort, so shipping is not a factor for me.

If you are breaking them down, the biggest items of concern on boards:
BGA chips (north/southbridge chips)
gold fingers
Tant. Capacitors
regular IC chips
MLCC's
gold plated pins

other then that, most material wouldn't really be worth going after... You should be able to find someone to buy most of those, but shipping may still be an issue. I am always scanning Ebay for BGA chips and keep an eye out for other items as well, so I know you can get some decent prices there.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:33 pm 

thank you mls26cwru apreciate your suggest. that`s exactly what im doing in first. north and south bridges i use to take thous with a knife and separate the black epoxy pack an saving without the bulky fiber and tin. second choice is, newer tipe memory chips those has less metal inside. and third i save square and thin chips only the thin ones they have more value per weight an easier to incinerate. rest of chips i sell because of weight and profit. and ofcorse hi grade pins an only and every thik plating fingers for playing with AP solution and a sulfuric cell. the rest i`m happy to sell to boardsort.they educate very well and fear in business i read every post here and its very helpfull. what i know on e scrapping learned here, and reading gold refining forum(takes forever to read). oh! and videos from mike the scrapper, moose etc... by the way also take the transistors and resistors,coils, relays and everything that contains copper and milled. it produces pounds of copper#2 rest of the boards sell mixed at .20cent. a pound at local yard. here is an example of how i use flat rate boxes using every single cubic inch jaja. thank for your help and lostinlodos too. Regards... Luis

Attachments:
File comment: dont know how many chips, but that box weighted 33 pounds when complete filled
example 1.jpg
example 1.jpg [ 1.46 MiB | Viewed 11485 times ]
File comment: in one of those boxes acomodate 26 pounds of cellphones without batteries
Example 2.jpg
Example 2.jpg [ 1.16 MiB | Viewed 11485 times ]