Welcome to Boardsortâ„¢ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:01 pm

Post subject: Couple little boards
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:58 pm 

Attachment:
b3.jpg
b3.jpg [ 110.94 KiB | Viewed 7689 times ]

Attachment:
b2.jpg
b2.jpg [ 129.1 KiB | Viewed 7689 times ]

Attachment:
b1.jpg
b1.jpg [ 314.9 KiB | Viewed 7689 times ]

Alright so we have this bigger board that someone gave me it almost makes me think tv but i am not sure.... The little ones is a processor with that fan at the top the others are either USB hubs or monitor connections... They all have gold but not sure what category since not gold cards i think...

Post subject: Re: Couple little boards
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:45 pm 

The more experienced members can tell you for sure, but I'll take a stab...

The slot processor needs to be cleaned up, remove the fan, heat sink and any plastic cover that may be on the other side. Those puppies are going for $11 per pound.

The larger of the rectangular boards appears to be a Back Plane Expansion Board.

The mainboard is likely a peripheral, that may be from a cable or satellite decoder box(?).

The small boards may all be peripherals, except for the little one with the long wire on it, I don't see much on it. Also, they may need to be cleaned of the excess plastic and such.

Wait and see what the pros say...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:50 pm 
Reputable Seller

BSOD wrote:
The more experienced members can tell you for sure, but I'll take a stab...

The slot processor needs to be cleaned up, remove the fan, heat sink and any plastic cover that may be on the other side. Those puppies are going for $11 per pound.

The larger of the rectangular boards appears to be a Back Plane Expansion Board.

The mainboard is likely a peripheral, that may be from a cable or satellite decoder box(?).

The small boards may all be peripherals, except for the little one with the long wire on it, I don't see much on it. Also, they may need to be cleaned of the excess plastic and such.

Wait and see what the pros say...

You appear to be right on on everything. The small board with the wire on it is a midgrade if green on both sides. low-grade if brown on the other. Trim the wire off of it and sell it to your scrap yard with all your other insulated wire. The slot processor fan and heat sink can go to your scrap yard while the slot processor can come here. Check boardsort prior to shipping to get current pricing as many of those prices will be tied to the price of gold.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:04 pm 

Thanks guys so all the USB ones they are green on both sides so dont send those? The big one send or dont? just trying to get my mind complete on all this so can start sending.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:19 am 

Yeah, I think you're all set. Take all those little ones (except that one with the wire), clean the junk off of them and bundle them with the big board to ship and sell as Peripheral Boards.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:24 am 
Site Admin

I agree with BSOD, clean that slot processor up (remove heat sink and plastic case and olnly sell us the card inside).

Everything else besides that backplane board will be Peripheral Grade including the large one that appears to be cable box board.

Thanks for the look and the assistance BSOD.