Welcome to Boardsort™ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:01 pm

Post subject: few more..
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:03 pm 

Attachment:
20160412_213526.jpg
20160412_213526.jpg [ 1.36 MiB | Viewed 6796 times ]
Attachment:
20160412_213453.jpg
20160412_213453.jpg [ 1.52 MiB | Viewed 6796 times ]
should the black cover be removed

Post subject: Re: few more..
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:57 am 
Site Admin

If aluminium yes if plastic no.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:58 am 
Site Admin

That said that last one may be a battery backed ram card. Can you get a clean shot of one if those delta boxes?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:34 am 

I'm 99% sure that last one with the heatsink is a voltage regulator like the type used in dell poweredge servers. https://www.google.com/search?q=dell+vo ... 13&bih=835

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:07 pm 
Site Admin

blueh2o wrote:
I'm 99% sure that last one with the heatsink is a voltage regulator...

probably correct. I got the code off one of the delta boxes. Thay are inductors. So regulator it is. Still gold finger card. ;)

Probably looking at this under the covers.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:04 pm 

the voltage regulator is kind of a tricky one... If you don't remove the heat sink it will usually go as mid grade ("usually" because often there are a number of heavy transformers and hematite components on it).

If you do remove the heatsink, it will depend on the guy doing the sorting... It SHOULD be peripheral if the guy is on his game, but if he is snoozing I have had them throw them in the finger card pile.

I have talked to the guys specifically about these components before, and that was their reasoning. That's about the best I can tell you... If you get gold finger for it, someone made a mistake on their end. Hope for the best, but don't be surprised if it goes lower.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:32 pm 

mls26cwru wrote:
the voltage regulator is kind of a tricky one... If you don't remove the heat sink it will usually go as mid grade ("usually" because often there are a number of heavy transformers and hematite components on it).

If you do remove the heatsink, it will depend on the guy doing the sorting... It SHOULD be peripheral if the guy is on his game, but if he is snoozing I have had them throw them in the finger card pile.

I have talked to the guys specifically about these components before, and that was their reasoning. That's about the best I can tell you... If you get gold finger for it, someone made a mistake on their end. Hope for the best, but don't be surprised if it goes lower.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:01 pm 

Quote:
what about the other two on same picture
Lisa Yates wrote:
mls26cwru wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:05 pm 

Quote:
so remove heatsink. Should I put it in a bag and tag it separately? So I'm looking at either peripheral or finger card?
Lisa Yates wrote:
Quote:
what about the other two on same picture
Lisa Yates wrote:
mls26cwru wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:56 pm 
Site Admin

The other two are definitely gold finger cards.
Yes that card is a fluke. I've had them go peripheral but only when there's a transformer. So i cut the transformer off.
If like the picture link i posted you will most likely get finger card rate.