Welcome to Boardsort™ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:11 pm

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:33 pm 

Luis - makes sense and you are taking a good approach to scrapping and refining... its a shame you dont have a place closer to you that has good prices :/

anyway, I sent you a message on GRF in regards to refining the bga chips... check your inbox over there :p

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:01 pm 

Thank`s Apreciate your atemption. my user name in GRF is kikesound. BTway, any idea about if Boardsort keeps actual payout rate? i understand that the price of evrything not necesary depends on gold price only. i have a candle for the copper price. wil be interesting if Boardsort had like a news bulleting or a wat`s going on section, plans, comming up!!. In other hand i`m very happy here selling to boardsort what i have for sell. part of what i know i learned here.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:06 am 

yeah, i remember the name :p I sent you a message a while back but it doesn't look like you have checked your inbox :p send me a message over on GRF if you have any question about those chips and refining (my name over there is also mls26cwru)

as far as prices, the usually update the website prices once a week, but the metal market has been pretty steady for a while now... there really hasn't been a big change to their prices because there has not been much movement in most all metal prices in the last 6 month. When you bring stuff in in person, they do have daily price sheets at the docks, so they do tweak prices on a daily basis if need be.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:08 pm 
Site Admin

Metal isn't going anywhere major any time soon. Looks like the down value estimates were correct again with gold between 1050 and 1250 all year. Copper won't crack 2.50 any time soon.
Infact the only two that have continued to climb whilst all others failed is nickel and iridium.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:35 pm 

That`s right i don`t see future good price on copper. I was one of those who stack a few hundred pounds of copper pennies. probably roll them back and deposit with the same patient. Metal prices has their time. two years ago in my area the chinese were buying every metal iron avilable and paying 200 hundred for every junk car. beleve me, their clean my town people was looking for every metal to sell that was insane lot of people disasembling computers and equipment for the metal and throwin away the electronics. I collect the boards and and some ask me why do i clect that junk. well forgive them they dont know what are doing. those were my good days. Now i`m starting to mine my e scrap mountain. does that converts me in a miner? BTW Thanks to Boardsort to help me how organize and separate everything. keep that good work. Regards..

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 7:21 pm 

I have gotten a trick from moose the scrapper off u tube.
Get a old electric skillet add sand (clean) turn temp to 400. This works well for small boards. Same process for larger boards would be using the grill aluminum pan.
To retrieve items. Sift with a small screen

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 8:17 pm 
Site Admin

As he said himself though... do this outside. The fumes are quite dangerous. And at 400, as I said to him, you're only going to get light stuff off light boards.
Reality is if you have something small enough to work clearing in a skillet with a sand bath you're probably better off selling that board whole (like ram, cell phone boards etc) most of the time.

The stuff you WANT to strip bare like power boards, you're never going to get any of that solder loose at 400° or even at 650 (toaster oven). I've tried.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 1:11 am 

lostinlodos wrote:
or even at 650 (toaster oven). I've tried.

lol

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 4:07 am 
Site Admin

lucas01230 wrote:
lostinlodos wrote:
or even at 650 (toaster oven). I've tried.

lol

Let me be clear and save everyone some time and money.
Moose is awesome.
The sand bath idea. Not so much. I've tried everything sand wise from a hot plate and base of a coffee maker to the skillet to a toaster oven. Simply put it won't work on any through hole mounted stuff. As he says in the notes;
it only clears surface Mounted components, and unfortunately also blows canister capacitors. Makes for a smelly toxic mess on anything other than the smallest boards.
If you're not refining cell phones and ram, move on. This isn't for you.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 4:36 pm 

Yeah nothing really works for throughhole mounted. I just clip everything off when I have time. Lately been busy...kinda time consuming.