Welcome to Boardsort™ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:56 am

Post subject: unsorted processors
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:26 pm 

I have quite a few processors laying about, but not sure which are which, is there a way to just scrap them as mixed? Or can someone give me a better idea on sorting, here is a picture of what i think is the only 4 types i have, the differnce in the last two are the one farthest on the bottom has many more pins.

Attachments:
1398097479985.jpg
1398097479985.jpg [ 359.86 KiB | Viewed 12669 times ]

Post subject: Re: unsorted processors
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:18 pm 

those are going to be green fiber...

the ones without metal backs are green fiber with out metal..
grade...
Green/Brown Fiber No Metal@ $17.00 per lb.

the ones with metal backs are green fiber with metal..
grade...
P4/Mac/Green Fiber with Metal @ $7.00 per lb.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:44 pm 

Thanks! I needed that info pretty bad, praise to you, now i can start sorting this box out, one more question if you or someone can answer, on pricing guide it shows mixed wire as a price, does that have to be clean? Or is there some kind of lower deal fot plastic still on
, i have tons of wires from power supplys and various other things, not to mention a case full of IDE ribbons

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:52 pm 

Jahkrohn wrote:
Thanks! I needed that info pretty bad, praise to you, now i can start sorting this box out, one more question if you or someone can answer, on pricing guide it shows mixed wire as a price, does that have to be clean? Or is there some kind of lower deal fot plastic still on
, i have tons of wires from power supplys and various other things, not to mention a case full of IDE ribbons

I believe this previous post answers your new question...
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=33&p=94&hilit=mixed+wire#p94

Boardsort wrote:
Mixed wire ($0.65/lb) is basically a collection of various types of wire, including but not limited to ribbon cable, telephone cable, power cables and speaker wire.

If it is considered a "wire" it can be included in this grade. You can leave the plug-in ends attached or cut them off, it will not effect the price.

The wires cannot have a transformer attached (power supply) however.

If you do cut the ends, check if they have gold plated connector pins. If so, we will purchase just the connector end at $0.85/lb.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:41 pm 
Reputable Seller

Best thing to do with the power supplies is trim any SATA connectors off of them, since those connectors use gold pins. Trim the ends off all your IDE ribbon cables and put them with your trimmed SATA connectors off the power supplies. You now have a nice collection of cable ends that you can sell to boardsort. Best way to ship those is flat rate, so stuff as many as you can into the largest flat rate box, seal the box so it does not open during shipping, then send it to boardsort. Any cable ends you have that have gold pins on them will fit into this category, not just ribbon cable ends and SATA connectors.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:03 pm 

I get 90 cents a pound for number two wire with ends attatched so might be worth checking your local yard. Payout isnt high enough to justify mailing cable ends in at least for me

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:25 pm 

i clean both ide ribbons and sata cables {take out the pins}

then i sell those to boardsort as clean gold-plated pins.less to ship but more bang for my buck..

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:46 pm 

evilrick81 wrote:

then i sell those to boardsort as clean gold-plated pins.less to ship but more bang for my buck..

Clean gold-plated pins? I've looked on the the paid out list and don't see a payout for these. What is the current rate?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:32 am 

TheCorregator wrote:
evilrick81 wrote:

Clean gold-plated pins? I've looked on the the paid out list and don't see a payout for these. What is the current rate?

I'm interested in the current rate as well, currently have a couple 5 gallon buckets if IDE ends and a few buckets of pci slots that have been desoldered.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:34 am 
Reputable Seller

If trimmed directly from the ribbon cable or in your case, desoldered directly from the motherboard with no additional processing, all you have will go as cable ends. check the price list before shipping, but those cable ends go for 0.90/pound as of the timestamp of this post.

Gold pins are hard to grade via a photo and boardsort stated here that due to thickness of the plating and the karat of gold used, pricing of gold pins can vary greatly.