Welcome to Boardsortâ„¢ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:17 am

Post subject: Prices
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:45 pm 

I have only ever sold to boardsort. But i happened to come across their competitors webpage and notices alot higher prices. Im not one to jump ship but am curious why the big difference in price. Boardsort was the highest price by far back when i started

Post subject: Re: Prices
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:13 pm 
Site Admin

If by major difference your talking about more than $1 or so in board prices, or more than $5 in CPUs I would email Chris directly and ask, naming, to him, the company and website.
He's quite friendly. And that big a difference really needs to be pointed out!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:04 pm 

Thanks i put in a call on tuesday. Its not a dollar difference. But probally an average of .60 across the board types. And 5 bucks for laptop mother boards which i now just put in large socket. As i said im not one to jump ship and am not as of now but i do work hard on acquiring the material i do like to make as much as i can.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:20 pm 
Site Admin

You'll need to look across all items too. The recycling Indus... It's fickle.
In escrap I've seen a general range of being within a dollar or so of each other.
Personal I look for companies I trust and just weather the minor fluctuations among them.
While they may claim $5 for motherboards as some do right now $4-6 which puts them into boardsort's telco range... And yes some do go there. But how many people send dell motherboards to only get what, 1.25?!? And a fair bit of an argument over it?
Not to mention where are the rest of the prices . The lower prices on boards in some cases are more than made up for by the industry high in cpu rates. In recycling you've got a relative standard of 82-88% payout. Per level. The more sorted and higher up the food chain you go you'll find prices rise. As the volume increases from ounces to lbs to tonnes etc. The sort level increases with it. When you reach the highest tiers you're looking at 1 tonne gayloards sorted not large from small but by socket; 3 from 4 from 7. And further by form factor, itx from at from bta. A socket 7 board is worth almost double a socket 3 when fully refined. But the volume of sorted 7 boards needed to make that recovery after materials are counted... You need enough of just socket 7 or enough 371 etc boards to tweak the refining process to that. Like most "recyclers" boardsort sells up too.
So you're either looking at someone massive who sorts last step , and probably looking at lower rates for other materials, or
A joker who will say A and pay B, or
A targeted centre that has jacked up rates for metals vs boards. I've seen $3-$6 motherboard payouts on the internet, but they pay 75c on copper, 10x on aluminium etc. 80088 CPUs at $90 and so on.
Assuming you don't have a flat out scam.

But fluxes within the dollar range are normal. In Some cities you'll find two recyclers on the same block across from each other one paying 3.35 for bb copper and 40c for al cans.
The other $2.25 for bb copper and 75c for al cans.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:53 am 

For the last couple weeks they have been in the process of moving their east side location (which included the offices). They were under a deadline to move themselves and their inventories within a one week window... I would assume that once they get this fully unpacked and up to speed, you will see the prices change.