Welcome to Boardsortâ„¢ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:36 pm

Post subject: LCD panel boards
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:57 am 

I may have been to presumptuous when I took this photo. I was thinking they would probably all be graded the same since they all came from LCD panels. Hopefully this will be an easy grade for someone though!

Attachments:
lcd.JPG
lcd.JPG [ 2.54 MiB | Viewed 7559 times ]

Post subject: Re: LCD panel boards
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:56 pm 

Peripheral.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:29 pm 
Site Admin

The look real nice but speaking from experience there's less than a grain of gold in "all" that flashing.
Works out to a few micro pence. In other words a non factor

The ones with ICs on them and or ceramic capacitors will get peripheral
Any completely bare ones will go midgrade.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:45 am 

additional001 wrote:
I may have been to presumptuous when I took this photo. I was thinking they would probably all be graded the same since they all came from LCD panels. Hopefully this will be an easy grade for someone though!

these LCD panel boards are worth more than medium grade.

They can be sold for 3$ lb.

Iam interested...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:24 pm 
Site Admin

I very rarely do this but I've been pushed here.
First please don't try to take boardsort businesses as your own.

Second my grades may be off from time to time but I'm well into the upper 90%tile when it comes to being accurate on the actual end of life raw materials recovery values, which is totally different (in value and handling) from recycling.
If you're paying $3 for blank monitor contact boards I pity the fool your dumping them on. Let's be open and frank; most users here understand that Chris has to make money too and he's under the final recovery value, BUT he's one of the Highest payout buyers, on the Internet in general, and within his Ohio averages breakdown.
Multiple people have pointed out that on some of thes lower quality lcd boards he's LOOSING money but playing to the law of averages in tonnage! The blank ones will melt out (full recovery) to apx 90 cents to around $1.50 per lb assuming you sent dozens or hundreds of tonns to the refinery and they do full processing. If they just recover pm from mixed slag blanks are around pay 20-30 cents per lb.
Third if I read correctly you're in Morocco.
Shipping 10 boards or 20 boards there from the US is going to be around $20! So whilst interest on your part may be there; it's not really a workable solution for the people posting here

.that said if you're honestly interested in buying hundreds, thousands, of tonns of boards from Chris with a locked BoL and and signed PoD I'm sure he'd be happy to abuse you and send his materials to you at what I can gather is nothing more than some sort of inflated idyllic. ... That would make me quite annoyed though as I'm sure I'll suddenly see a hundred tonns of junk at a 1000% inflationary rate on the scrap sources I peruse. Lol.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:50 am 
Site Admin

Hell I have apx 11 tonnes of those boards in storage. If you'll actually commit to payment via escrow, at a European bank of your choosing, I'll take your statement at face value and redact any comments to the alternative if you follow through. I am boldly publicly calling you out on this. To put your money and your reputation where your texting is!

I will ship, PRIVATELY!, 2 tonnes (British short ton, or 2000 lbs) of bare lcd contact boards. 1814.36948 Kg
Directly from port to port.
You will supply an escro receipt From any non-British bank in the EU for us$6000 as euros or euro exchangables. POST conversion.

My email is my ID at gmail

I can have the shipment loaded within 72 hours and departure within 7 days.

If this comes across as rude, crass, uncultured or any other negative it's because I've spent too much time chasing thieves when it comes to scrap, recycling, and even investments!

If this works out; I'll do what I can to both convince Chris et al AND set them up with a dirt cheap system to utilise your service.
If it does not; I promise you with 100% assurance I'll have your entire ip range blocked across every major recycling and recovery board on the net.
The ball is with your safety, in football parlance.

So if there's any doubt on your part the time to pull out is here and now. I don't play games when it comes to the safety of OTHER PEOPLES' money. Period.
And a quick search on the net and tor will show whilst I may be opinionated, rude, and a bit out there on many many things; I do, and always have, had an impeccable reputation for standing behind my word and a bottom line belief that one's word is a bond. A bond that will make or break one's livelihood.

In not so nice terms (for the rest of the readers here) put up or disappear. Period.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:45 pm 

Lost, I just wanted to say CUDOS!! I am VERY new, having just registered tonight. Your 'rude' comments to that gentleman was right on the money....when it comes to a man's word, there is nothing I hold higher than honest interactions. For that alone, my doubts about whether or not to use Boardsort or another has been resolved. I look forward to helping YOU help me, and maybe in the end we both will make a little money to pay our bills!