Welcome to Boardsort™ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:11 pm

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:34 am 

I've been searching and asking for a list of obsolete phones that will become of the new networks. I refurbish many electronics and phones but I feel the day is coming for many of what I got, won't be in time to sell because of this transition.

Q: Anyone know or know of a list/chart that offers the phones that will be cut-off or non serviced because of the new networks?

Much love

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:02 am 
Site Admin

Nothing major any time soon. Most modern phones back to the original iPhone can do VoIP. (If you can do WiFi calling you have VoIP options). 5G will eventually migrate all phones to VoIP 100% of the time. It took half a decade to kill off 800mhz. And some analogue frequencies still work for international users in the US. So I wouldn’t worry about loosing phone service. Internet frequencies die out faster. So you may eventually wind up with smart phones that are perfect for calling but can’t access mobile internet. But that’s, generally, a good decade off. 2G feature phones can still piggyback some 3GLTE frequencies without the throughput. Much like you can stick a B USB WiFi adaptor in your laptop and connect to an A/B/G/N/AC router at dirt slow speed.