Welcome to Boardsortâ„¢ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:05 am

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:27 pm 

Hello all!
First time posting. I have been scrapping for some time but just found this site. Awesome site with great questions and answers.
So here are my first questions:
1) SIM Cards from phones - based on other answers on the forum they are not sent in. Correct?
2) Compact flash memory/PCMCIA memory cards - do you have to remove the outer shells to just send in the chips?
3) Attached photos, these are from laptops, modem and wireless cards. I removed the small shields from some of the cards. Is that ok or did I ruin the value?
4) Do you have to remove the stickers from the cards?
5) And last question: What grade/type of card do they count as?

Attachments:
cards back.jpg
cards back.jpg [ 1.57 MiB | Viewed 702 times ]
cards front.jpg
cards front.jpg [ 1.65 MiB | Viewed 702 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:17 am 

1) Boardsort has not been buying SIM cards; I believe that's a fairly emphatic "No we don't want them" but if you have a large quantity you should reach out to Boardsort directly to confirm.

2) I'm not sure off the top of my head what they categorize these intact; I'm sure they would buy them but the value per pound would be lower. And, depending on the configuration of the boards inside you may have different grades to sort out to get the best value. I'm thinking the majority would be high peripheral but probably anywhere from low peripheral to high telco.

3) Removing shields is generally good; steel is low value and has to be removed eventually so boards without excess steel typically have more value than boards with it. You still have what I call a fence on some of the boards, this is fine (unless you're bored and want to remove them).
Couple notes:
That top middle and right wireless board still have a shield, so remove those.
The bottom middle was a USB? No big reason to remove the connector (yes the casing was probably steel but you also would have removed possible gold plated pins)
Boards with gold fingers can go in "Gold Finger Card Clean NO Fan NO Sink NO Bracket"
The USB drive board I'd probably put in low telco.
The blue board is at least low peripheral, not sure off the top of my head if those can go high peripheral.

4) I usually do on the stickers that wrap around the entire module (like the blue board probably had) but the larger cards with the regulatory sticker on the flat side of the board, I never have.

5)See 3

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:46 pm 

Thank you for the reply!