Welcome to Boardsort™ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:15 pm

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:58 am 

Attachment:
0-0-0-0-0-0-.jpg
0-0-0-0-0-0-.jpg [ 256 KiB | Viewed 2311 times ]
Attachment:
0-0-0.jpg
0-0-0.jpg [ 128 KiB | Viewed 2311 times ]
Well, it's auction time again, I am out trying to increase my cash outflow and buy more shares of personal poverty, just in case I win the lottery someday,. I will have tales to tell of how poor I once was.
My last adventure into auctionland resulted in my proudly toting home over one hundred 4 and 8 feet long fluorescent tubes, all boxed and plainly marked, Bad or Broken. My auctioneer loves me! Of course, I have sharpened my bidding skills and honed my business acumen since the early days, when as a wage earner making $1.25 an hour, I would buy floor sweepings of dust and trash for two dollars a bag, in a midnight buy frenzy as the auction wound down, much to the amusement of the auction crew. Business deals and romances are incompatible with midnight involvement...well, maybe romances are ok.
My current problem has me a bit worried. I have a bid in on 400 power supplies, a bid of less than 5 cents per unit. I don't expect to get them, as this is prebidding, and someone may have a use or market for them. A cursory search of ebay doesn't show any market or sales of this unit, and only minimal sales of similar. I honestly hope I don't get them, but as an auctionholic and lifelong junkbunny (not that kind of junk and not that kind of bunny) I dislike having complete units lying around when I can smash, cash and trash them.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:47 pm 
Site Admin

Ah. I’ve seen those before. Under the exact same circumstances! 8)
They’re used in dedicated rack systems. Value is around $5-$15 each if you don’t mind waiting forever. About $1-$5 each in bulk lots to an interested party.

They scrap out from 10č-50č each depending on the shell and the size of the coils inside.
I found the best way to deal with these is to steal any aluminium shells and sell them deshelled as transformers to a ‘please go away’ yard boss.
;)

Ps Chris won’t reach that please go away point!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:55 pm 
Site Admin

P.ps.
A please go away boss is one who likes that you bringing in some obscene quantity of something expensive on a regular basis and accept a much lower than value rate for it who doesn’t want to stop you from coming in forever but simply doesn’t want to deal with your random ton of wtf that day. (Or any day). Like 60 lbs of canned soup from 1994 in 2018. ;)
‘Just put the pallet over there and go home’.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:10 pm 

Thanks for the information. On this pallet, there doesn't seem to be a prize in the cracker jack box, but one never knows. Usually some sneaky person throws a fifty pound brass bushing in a box of filters and plastic conveyer chain, or a brand new 400 dollar valve, or sticks an old safety switch with 60 pounds of copper bars and ten ounces of silver contacts along with 70 pounds of brass plumbing in a gaylord of miscellaneous garbage items that no one takes a second look, But, for a few cents each, I will try to buy all 800 or so of these.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:07 pm 

Looks like I will have to drop out of this war: the 400 units are up to 5 1/2 cents each...too rich for me. I wonder if
BR549 who is in my area is claim jumping me. I sure hope so.