Welcome to Boardsort™ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:52 am

Post subject: diverted from theme
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:49 pm 

I was preparing to post a couple of vintage panels to get consensus of how best to prepare them, when I heard about the 2020 "bat quarters", so have been sidetracked looking thru my change. Probably not going to get ten grand for them, if I find any, as several of my friends posted pics of handfuls.

Post subject: Re: diverted from theme
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:13 pm 
Site Admin

You do realise those are just another long ago planned territory coin; yes.
Oh; there’s just shy of 500,000 minted.
Don’t get caught up in the extremist aspect of it. It’s just a badly timed coincidence.
They’re worth 25c (notice unslabbed coins aren’t moving on ebay).
You want one worth major money go find a Chaco Culture or Acadia quarter. With less than 150k minted. They run $1-$2 in circulated condition. BU can fetch $10+. Granted this is just actual pocket change coins I’m talking about. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:07 am 

Yes, I realize it is coincidence as to date and timing and pandemic, etc. Just amused at the unrealistic prices some hyperinflationary minds dream up. I did make the realization there is now a new mint mark, the "w" for West Point mint , and that the National Park series is only in circulated coins. Now what I would rather find than a quarter worth $15 is a genuine wooden frame Macintosh keyboard, garage built. A friend had one about 15 years ago that he ebayed for 800 smackeroos to Japan.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:00 pm 
Site Admin

Nice! I have a nearly complete Apple (I? Lol) but I’m missing some ICs I’ve yet to track down and the wood apple box it goes in. I love the old stuff but the cult like to make prices crazy!

People can be crazy stupid though on pricing. I looked up bat quarter on ebay an one MS69 slabbed is at $1200 but a few results down we have an MS70 slabbed for $250!
Slabbing is part of the trading process I always... accommodate... in pricing. Slabbing can run upwards of $50 for the lonely consumer. But in bulk it can be under a dollar. So I always figure a slab adds two things to a coin. Authenticity, and $10 starting price on value.

But seriously. $200 sales of the standard non-silver coin?
Whatever makes em happy I guess. Most of the stores around me don’t accept cash right now so there’s no chance of getting any bats for me. But all of this years coins will be be over minted to replenish destruction and hoarding supplies. 2021 and 2022 coins are set to be some of the least valuable, in any grade, of modern times.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:27 pm 

Found several P and D mints, but no W in the bats and other of the 2019 five issues. Seems there were only 2 million of each of the five different designs minted with the "w" at Westpoint, for a total of ten million, and these were mixed in with the regular issue of Philadelphia and Denver quarters and delivered to banks to put them in general circulation. So, if you do find a "w" mint mark, it is worth a few bucks, even if circulated and worn.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:58 pm 
Site Admin

223mil Philadelphia
286ml Denver
2mil West Point

Looks like the WP V75 variant is the rarity: estimated 5000-50,000. Since the mint isn’t making finding the West Point montage easy we’ll have to wait for the mint review which is often released the following year and leaked to the public some time after that.
I’m working on a type collection so quarters and dollars aren’t on my radar. Since each commentating quarter and dollar is a type. :facepalm:
But since the BCBs intentionally are mixing sourced coins finding a W is gonna be difficult.