Welcome to Boardsort™ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:41 pm

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:43 am 
Site Admin

Well I have two issues here.
First my video camera (actually a 28MP photo cam that does 1080P/60 MJP) uses an external mic (I don’t have one) for audio.

Two. I just finished cleaning up a shot on iPhone video to upload when I realised a fellow boardsort user had two very short videos bs DMCAd for a few seconds of audio.

So I’m back looking for backing tracks.
With the site update rolling out I MAY be able to do a poll and see what people think. And I’ll probably just do a text one in the next week or so to see if anyone cares… I’m debating posting no sound videos (which quite a few were quick to point out publicly and far more privately have no sound) and finding or licensing some sort of audio music track package to attach to them.

I get it. Silent videos suck. And I can’t scrap without music. I can’t do much of anything without music.

As an update I have 11 films ready for editing and one finished. And a dozen more in raw TS to work on.
A digital toaster, an ultimate high end digital video player DVHS Digital Theater (damn idiots can’t spell ;), a decade of lighting equipment from oil to smart led, a few game systems, a TI Nspire, a modern digital Super 8 projector, and a 1977 generic MiniComputer server closet. Among others.

My immediate project was restoring a digital A/C controller. We bought replacements so I had the opportunity to simply IDGAF dig into one of the originals.
but it turned out to literally be a big old nothing. In a moment of WTF why?! I realised the reason for the thermometer not being accurate anymore was a dead button cell.
I mean really?
Ohkay it uses and requires a C wire (primary power). It also accepts 3 AAA batteries to maintain the cmos memory unit for the programming options.
Why the hell did the hardware development decide to put the thermal resistance settings (the digital thermometer) on a battery backed rom using a 3.5v battery you can’t get to without dissection?
I’ll happily post photos if asked but there’s literally nothing major to look at. It’s a single 6 layer gold foil board with a handful of ROMs and gigantic (for the size of the unit) capacitors. $149 retail and &99.99 on Amazon? People piss on Apple for the markup. This is literally $6 worth of components and half an hour of programming labour. Since the code is written once and and the system is assemble by robot this is less than a $7 board.
Tell me again ho bad Apple is with their 35-52% markup!!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:43 pm 

lostinlodos wrote:
And I can’t scrap without music. I can’t do much of anything without music.

Same here, I always have the radio playing in my scrapping area.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:25 am 
Site Admin

Music is its own issue beyond copyright. I literally listen to anything and everything. A few friends have pointed out i default to one playlist or another dependin On what I’m working on. My preferences are acoustic Dark Baroque (Chamber), from the classical end. Mid 40s proto Acid Jazz, early Doom Metal lol black sabbath, and Metallica. But if I’m working on (fixing) something I’ll put on some ennio morricone. Occasionally il wonder into neo Classical Chinese folk metal. There’s a few Far East European groups I love. Like Gray.

But for scrap; nothing beats brutal lo-if first wave Black Metal. Mayhem, Hell Fears Me, Emperor, … what a soundtrack for destruction! Though this is usually used AFTER I get injured.
I’d hate to subject my fellow scrappers to my less than targeted musical choices. Especially when one list rotates throng from TaTu and AmiYumi to Deicide to Bach and back.

My happy rotational selections below. Pardon the name of the one list that is quite fitting. ;)

Attachments:
FDCEB746-647A-4E1C-BE36-426E362C190A.png
FDCEB746-647A-4E1C-BE36-426E362C190A.png [ 3.06 MiB | Viewed 3053 times ]
C1CA06E7-C61E-454B-8BA6-73D865A2CECD.png
C1CA06E7-C61E-454B-8BA6-73D865A2CECD.png [ 4.23 MiB | Viewed 3053 times ]
79C14D16-860A-4308-B303-757B8BA8457E.png
79C14D16-860A-4308-B303-757B8BA8457E.png [ 3.53 MiB | Viewed 3053 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:40 pm 

Lost,

Если можно спросить, вы слушаете Тату на английском или русском? Я предпочитаю русскую версию.

- AAK

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:10 pm 
Site Admin

Russian. For the earlier albums anyway. The English recordings had too many changes. I just don’t like censorship or localisation.
Actually for Anyone with some level of multilingualism the original usually better. Moving to another language requires changes in timing and phrasing to fit the words to music.
Bands like Тату (Russian, later written in English and released in Russian) Sabaton (Swedish, English), Therion (French, English, German, Italian m, and dozens more), all sound better in the original writing.
Some bands like Gray (Gypsm/Gypsy) take the extreme in using a source language, and most people from east European countries can understand them somewhat.
Finders uses Proto-Germaic which for anyone who speaks a Goth or Nordic language, or English, is quickly recognisable, if not understandable.

My spoken Russian is passable, but my Cyrillic is problematic since I learned Russian Standard which was never adopted in Russia. go figure!

For anyone looking to learn language through music and likes rock or metal, try Sabaton, Therion, Fintroll, and any of the variation of Rhapsody (In/of fire or just Rhapsody). For the darker music fans DimmuBorgir.
All write in multiple languages and take Poly to the extreme.

Therion remains one of my favs simply because they’ve covered every musical classing in existence. Starting as early second wave black metal, the most public albums are a range of Rock, Power Metal, symphonic (as in real symphony) metal, opera rock and metal, jazz, blues, oldies (a whole album covering 1940-1970 French pop songs), disco, opera… a good way to get kids into other styles of music. Plus they actually have songs in multiple languages. Along with Rhapsody and Gray they will actually change language multiple times in the same song.
Throw together a complete list of Therion’s releases and set it to random play and you have an adventure in 500+ years worth of musical style. In dozens of languages.
They were from 2005-2016 the biggest revolving door supergroup in music history for their live shows. Their acoustic compilation releases are dream. Like Rammstein did with Liebe they show that some artists in the extreme end have legitimate credentials in music theory! Hearing “brutal slamming black metal” on three acoustic guitars and folk percussion with soft sung lyrics gives you a whole new look at the training and skill some writers and groups have.

But we’re way off topic now. Not that I care that much. :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:20 pm 

I generally listen to classic rock/ hard rock from the 60's-80's.

Lostinlodos, sorry for hijacking your thread.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:18 pm 
Site Admin

AAK2 wrote:
…sorry for hijacking your thread.

On no, I was picking on myself. Lol.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:27 pm 

Well I still started it. ;)