Welcome to Boardsortâ„¢ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:07 am

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 5:05 am 

I bid on a small lot of IT looking possible upgrade parts for my working computers and possible gamer computer for my grandson. Also a couple of neat items. I won the lot for around $100 and a half hour ride to get to items. First the good stuff, a mini asus-si led battery projector/battery bank for my iphone great shape value $250,next Visioneer Roadwarrior 3 portable sheet scanner works $100 value and then Hp pro 6300 microtower i5-3470 works value $150 then throw in 4 19" good monitors so I am $500 profit so I am happy. Now the rub I also got 3 hp elite 8300 towers i7-3770 processors, so here I have my gaming computer for my grandson with some good upgrading on the ram. I bought this lot from govdeals and this is the first time out of over 500 computers I have bought from them that the processors were taken out of the computers and the heatsinks and fans replaced to cover the removal. So it looks like we may be bidding on computers in lots and getting less than we bargain for, since people are finding out the true value of these processors either as scrap or as items on ebay. I was bidding mostly for the 8300's but now I have to spring for an upgrade on the processor since I have to buy it anyway. What a downer. With govdeals the norm was I had to replace harddrive and maybe some ram but now it looks like even for scrap you can't count on the processor being in the unit. I was using the service number to see what processors on the dells to gauge scrap value but that just went out the window. So beware of this new trick that the IT people may pull on scrap units. Sorry this is so long just wanted to warn everyone and vent some.