Welcome to Boardsort™ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:18 am

Post subject: Tantalum
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 6:12 pm 

A good waited thin is the buy of tantalum, is better for me to sell to a known and trusted. That said, when i saw for first time in the payout list th BGA chips i got exited but i realized that my bga, for space saving i separate them and keep the clean top black only. may be if Chris do the calculations, some day will see that on the list. i saved one and a half 5 gallon buckets of them and it feels heavy. 5% of them have the aluminium cab. the broken ones are in a separated jar those y keep for playing. i weight the parts together ten compare with separate and there is a serious diference. Probably more scrappers like me did the same. also im saving several pounds of the next step, the bga from memories and boards of the same tipe passed tru a bath of hydrocloric and destiled water to get rid of tin balls. Regards

Post subject: Re: Tantalum
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 6:43 pm 

Luis, I'm not sure Boardsort will buy them if they have been in acid, even if it didn't remove precious metals.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 7:07 pm 

The acid bath is only diluted muriatic in water to get rid of the solder only not for processing. with muriatic and water you en up with a very clean part with no solder. iv bee selling to boardsort fo years, but in mi case i have to desarm everything because of my location. i live in Puerto Rico island and every box y send goes by air. In flat rate big box is my everyday business. i wish to have a Boardsort nearer but that is for the lucky ones, the 70 pound box cost me 160.00 so y do magic and i am the best tetris player fillin boxes jaja. olso i`m waiting that gold an other precious metalr rise in price so i can get even wih the 70 pound box for 160. It hurts everiday when i look in my sorage area. 12, 55 gallon drumms full of laptop motherboards only. split half and half with shipping hurts, but i hope prices go a little up some moment i still have more than 500 laptops to take apart and other scrap comming in. and tantalum picked one by one for years made 3 jars of 20 pounds, they ar flying as soon as i separate the ones in cilinder shape. regards

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 7:31 pm 
Site Admin

There’s a difference between acid bath and acid washing. I know… but there is.

Generally NOTHING TREATED WITH ACID.

Chris will may very rare exceptions for very rare circumstances for very specific reasons.
You’ll probably be best off getting permission; and keep in mind 99 in a hundred aren’t skilled enough to do that kind of work.
I use a similar method on rare occasions for sparc chips from one manufacturer who solders pga chips into the socket. To clean silver tin solder from the gold pins. Doing so with an electrical current as a helper.
I remove zero gold. Only silver and tin. In a three step process that takes over a week to complete.

This board gives me just shy of 5 PbA of sparc processors that can be sold as pentium/Mac ceramic. And small amounts of tin and silver I’ll add to a pile I use to make silver, and tin, turtle mouldings to sell online.

The key for general is to email or call Chris for permission and expect the answer to be no going in. It takes very careful, knowledgeable hands to do this correctly.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 8:09 pm 

thank for the advise. Silver, everybody on youtube are talking about.i like silver too im making some. and stacking junksilver coins and saving from every relay, circuit braker o any contact. when depopulate the boards in water and muriatic every bath at the bottom collect the silver powder from dissolved the solder tin. now im reading and getting envolve with reverse electroplating but i dont want to deal with sulfuric. my muriatic deluted is just for depopulate and wash and side benefit get rid of tin . any electronic part is affected yust clean.