Welcome to Boardsortâ„¢ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:31 am

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:53 pm 

Hello,

I was wondering what other people here have been using for their LTL freight services to ship to Boardsort. I ship from Juneau, Alaska via barge service to Seattle (Alaska Marine Lines, ~12 cents/lb) and then have to go LTL truck to Alliance OH (Lynden Transport). This shipping costs on this last leg have gone up substantially over the last year. Last year, I was paying about 60 cents per pound all the way from Alaska. Six months ago it was 72 cents per pound, and today I was quoted 93 cents per pounds. This obviously makes shipping less-valuable material (e.g., green motherboards) less attractive, even in 1000-pound batches. Fed-Ex and UPS freight service is out of the question as well (with my discount, still $1.16/lb from Seattle).

Any suggestions or insights?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:45 pm 

HMMMM

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:55 pm 

Dogsled your way to a realty agency and then buy a house closer to OH.
Seriously though, you are in an unfortunate location to ship anything to anywhere within the U.S.
LTL has gotten inflated due to the fallout from the plandemic and subsequent insanity gas prices. I live two states away and shipping is nuts for me too.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:59 pm 

On a serious note, if you were willing to take less for your boards/whole computers, you could deal with a quasi-local ITAD company. They usually (in my case anyway) pick up for free, saving you the hassle of paying anything. Your best bet is to google ITAD companies, say in Anchorage or Seattle, and see if they would make the trip.