Welcome to Boardsortâ„¢ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:21 pm

Post subject: On the chopping block
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:30 am 

Attachment:
c.jpg
c.jpg [ 2.38 MiB | Viewed 1162 times ]
I prefer, for ease of sorting, tearing down old towers with windows 98, vista, etc. no problem knowing what the boards are. But recently, most of my acquisitions have been from control boxes, power supply/control panel boards for industrial machinery, regulator boards from inside industrial pumps, etc. These chimeras may have half the board covered with decent IC population, while the other half is the heavy ferrite rings/copper torsion motors, transformers, and capacitors, with practically no other componets.
My first impulse is to leave the heavy components on, and throw in the midgrade bin, but then, there are the valuable component end, which might go as high peripheral, so that induces the idea to strip all the heavy items, but that leaves about half the board with nothing but space and trace.
I have noticed a few posts where our crew who is so helpful in identifying have mentioned cutting the board, to isolate the better end for inclusion in a higher category.
In the board shown here, the total weight uncleaned is 2.40 pounds, which makes it worth about $2.20 as a midgrade. Since I am delivering in person, I am content with that price.
Aluminum removed, 2/3 pound, equals 30 cents.
Midgrade with heavy components, 1.20 pounds 60 cents,
trimmed board, Grade not yet set, 1/3 pound. Even if it were high peripheral, that would be $1.00. for a total of $1.90
Seems it would be better in the midgrade bin.

Attachments:
IMG_20211126_082210054.jpg
IMG_20211126_082210054.jpg [ 3.76 MiB | Viewed 1162 times ]