Welcome to Boardsort™ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:54 pm

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 1:12 pm 

Good afternoon all,
I am a hobbyist scrapper, I love to take stuff apart and see how it works. Probably could label me a micro scrapper, I will break everything down to the final screw if possible.
In the picture are various items from a few scraps. First is the long board from a LED TV, I think I know that one would be peripheral based on other responses in this forum.
Second is the long black and gold colored board, that is a camera module out of a laptop. Is that worth sending in? Is that a thin layer of gold on the back or is this junk?
Third is the rectangle piece near the bottom. That is out of a scanner. Is that a thin layer of gold/copper or again is this just junk?
Last are the cable/connector ends to the right of the picture from various thin cables from the scanner, TV and a 3.5" floppy drive. Do they count as gold connector ends to send in? I know they weigh next to nothing but I don't want to waste them if there is any value. Thank you all for any responses!

Attachments:
parts.jpg
parts.jpg [ 2.65 MiB | Viewed 713 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 6:51 pm 
Site Admin

The large board is high peripheral
The black and gold board is at least high peripheral. Depending on the other side it may get higher. If it has more gold and IC chips.
The touch pad is likely low peripheral. Very gently scratch it with a small standard screwdriver or knife. Sometimes there is a think copper coating over gold. Which would bump it to high peripheral.
All the gold contact “connector ends” are … generally high peripheral if you send them with your order. Cut them closer to the edge though, removing the excess wire. I use thick pill bottles for these (like alive or vitamin). Heavy HDPE and PP bottles tend to hold up well in board shipments.

The tin or nickel ones are mixed wire