Welcome to Boardsortâ„¢ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:16 am

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:27 pm 

Hi. when sorting is there a difference between the fully populated sticks that are 1 1/4" wide and those that are 1 3/4" wide?

next: Some sticks that are populated on only one side are fully populated, just like a full stick. the other type only has about 4 chips and not much else-on the populated side. Could I get an idea of price difference?

Also: what about the sticks that are 2 3/4" long? are these from lap tops? where do I find pricing info. Did I miss it on pricing list?
I have found other variations but these are the main ones

Thanks for the help.................................Hal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:29 pm 

Laptop memory counts as Gold Fingered Ram. As long as the ram has not been modified in any way (depopulating/removing chips) and does not have a shield it will go as Gold Fingered Ram no matter the size of the ram. Now if its been tampered with or blank it will go as Blank Ram(for the tampered ram Chris may buy it as Blank Ram you will have to confirm with him).

support@cocothegeek.com

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:49 pm 

Thanks for helping me out! Hal

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:44 pm 

RAM is most common in the desktop and laptop forms, laptop is the most uniform while desktop can vary in their height. RAM used in other systems can have a variety of shapes (typically still rectangular overall).

As long as the RAM you have has all the IC chips it came with and the fingers, you're going to get paid for either Gold Fingered or Silver Fingered.

If it has an aluminum (check for copper too) heatsink you can pull that off, just be careful sometimes the chips will pull off too, apply a little heat and it usually helps keep the chips from pulling off.

If you do end up with RAM with chips missing it's going to depend on how many chips were there to begin with whether you need to keep them separate. Some sticks have chips on both sides, in that case you could probably lose 1/2 of the chips (possibly more if it's well populated) and be okay, but some sticks only have a couple chips, in which case I'd definitely set that aside if one comes off. Then I would bag/box those separate from your regular RAM and from your truely blank RAM, add the weight to your quote as blank and then note that there's material separated in your email to Chris and clearly mark the material when you ship it. (Unless you're going in person then just show whoever is helping you)

Here's some examples of a variety of Gold RAM:
Attachment:
1362C590-0582-4F1D-AC78-6EA3634B6DF3.jpeg
1362C590-0582-4F1D-AC78-6EA3634B6DF3.jpeg [ 4.01 MiB | Viewed 880 times ]