Welcome to Boardsortâ„¢ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:45 pm

Post subject: id help please
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:16 pm 

thanks in advance

Attachments:
File comment: 3 front and back
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 1.23 MiB | Viewed 650 times ]
File comment: 2 front and back
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 1.22 MiB | Viewed 650 times ]
File comment: 1 front and back
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 1.27 MiB | Viewed 650 times ]

Post subject: Re: id help please
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:49 pm 

More gambling boards? I get the feeling from the two posts I could find regarding that type equipment that it's likely telco class. I'm leaning low telco on these.

If someone else can verify that I'd feel better and if you don't get any other reply I think you could email Chris a link to these posts and let him know you just wanted to verify the grades.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:50 am 
Site Admin

These particular boards are a bit tricky.

Really good High Peripheral boards, or mediocre Low Telecom boards that barely make it as is. If there were 1 or 2 of these in the Low Telecom box I would not be overly concerned. If I had to buy a whole bunch of them I would need to be a bit more critical.

Here is what would help this board. If it had a gold corner tabbed BGA it would Low Tele as is all day long. That doesn't mean gold tabs are automatic upgrade makers, but in this case it would help. Those green BGAs on the first board are extremely low value. The second board is kind of sparse.

The toroid's (copper coils) don't help the grade either. Toroid are a leading cause of telecom downgrades, at least when we talk about going from High tele to Low tele, which is not the case here, as these boards were never High to begin with. But when we talk about barely staying in Low Tele, they don't help that either. Removing toroid's is not a guaranteed upgrade either. If you remove them, and it didn't help the grade, then you actually lost money based on your loss of weight.

Same with the VGA/USB enclosure ports on the back. Yes, there are likely gold pins inside, and on a motherboard and peripheral board they can stay. But once we get into the Telecom grades it is another tug-o-war game where the rules are not always clear. In this case they certainly don't help the grade and if I were buying a bulk of these and the customer was looking at Low telecom I would probably insist they be removed along with the toroids. As Peripheral High, they can stay all day long.

It is a delicate balance in the High and Low Telecom grades. Peripheral High is a bit more forgiving.

The higher the value of the board, the more conservative the grading becomes. When we talk of Gold RAM, even a small DIP switch can drop the price dramatically.

In short, if you have only a small hand full I am ok at Low Tele, but any more we would have to take a closer look via email to see what we can do.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:20 pm 

Good info to have, since there hasn't been a wealth of gambling related boards to compare to.

Thanks for taking the time to explain Chris/Boardsort (whoever is punching the keys).