Welcome to Boardsort™ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Sat Oct 03, 2026 7:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:09 pm 

Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:37 am
Posts: 81
Location: Flatlands of Kansas
Would I be better to depopulate this board?

Am I better off just plucking the few components from this and throw the rest in scrap steel?

Otherwise, I will remove the the metal bracket and the two socketed flatpacks? Should I remove the coax connectors on the one side, and how would this board be classified then?


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2026 6:41 am 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:38 pm
Posts: 830
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Remove the metal bracket and coax connectors. Leave all the ICs. Do not depopulate. Then submit as High Telecom.
Here to learn like everybody else.
My evaluations are my own opinion


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2026 10:56 am 

Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:44 pm
Posts: 2672
Location: I'm right here :D
Is the board coated with sealant?

_________________
Here to learn more so I can recycle more
My grades are my own opinion and not an official grade from Boardsort


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2026 6:37 am 

Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:37 am
Posts: 81
Location: Flatlands of Kansas
marked141 wrote:
Is the board coated with sealant?


No, they're not. Yeah, I'm just getting around to finishing these off. Have had a lot on my plate.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2026 8:34 am 

Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:44 pm
Posts: 2672
Location: I'm right here :D
Hmm interesting texture or something ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I would get as much of the steel bracket off as you can, then probably put it in high peripheral.

_________________
Here to learn more so I can recycle more
My grades are my own opinion and not an official grade from Boardsort


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2026 11:36 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2026 10:57 pm
Posts: 2
marked141 wrote:
Hmm interesting texture or something ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I would get as much of the steel bracket off as you can, then probably put it in high peripheral.


High peripheral sounds safer to me, those socketed chips keep it from looking like plain telecom scrap. The bracket is doing it no favours though.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2026 9:15 am 

Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2026 8:26 am
Posts: 79
I agree with above. Looks like a peripheral and not telecom to me


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: