Welcome to Boardsort™ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:30 pm

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:23 am 
Site Admin

Tldr: I’ll be back to normal reply rates and totally caught up in the next day or two.

Just a quick note to update users on my sporadic reply’s this last few weeks.

A) After 6 months of nearly no traffic I was suddenly slammed with thousands of requests and orders on another set of services I use. That has taken my first priority for a few days.

B) a series of international hacks in November and December have taken down many sites. While I wasn’t directly effected I was personally targeted. We have fibre internet service and for the last 4 weeks it’s been crawling along at under 500Mbps. That may be a lot for a “normal” user but with two other Family members addicted to streaming and gaming... it’s caused some arguments.
Modern games transmit in the range of 300Mbps on their own. And any 4K, 5k, or 8K fan will tell you 100Mbs+ is common in true high-res.
This has pushed 100% of my reply use to offsite and on my phone making everything over a photo or two daunting.

The good news is it looks like things have evened out. DDOS and ghost attacks have reached saturation so my FirePro simply blocks them. Our ISP has been more than responsive in dealing with the traffic increase. And has granted a temporary bandwidth blanket.

Things should be back to normal in a few days.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:15 pm 
Site Admin

Funny how one can jinx themselves.
The following day we have a service outage because an idiot ran over the junction box.
It’s the size of a van, how do people keep hitting these things!??!

Then we suffer a region outage from a construction accident severing a trunk line that disrupted 4 states.
:facepalm: