Welcome to Boardsort™ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:06 am

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:57 am 

Hello rs3tungsten5, I would love to buy some of your tungsten rods that are surrounded by gold, or how about one of those gold plated tungsten ingots? ;)

The general information is from the Wikipedia page on tungsten.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:29 pm 
Site Admin

FYI, PSA:
There’s no such thing as discounted tungsten. If it’s below base price it’s impure.
It too important a material to see discounting. Buy enough you may get a slight sub-% to 2% discount but that’s on shipping fee reductions, not the metal.

As for the now deleted op, this is definitely the wrong place to sell sub-standard products. The majority of users here have some level of background understanding of the metals markets and a few of us are active traders. Materials bait-n-switch doesn’t work here.

And whilst I failed to even read the original post Russian tungsten imports tend to be about 80%-85% clean rods. That’s why the largest buyers, Taiwan/Taipei and the US, tend to re-refine it.

Beyond that Russia is a large buyer of US (automotive) and Japanese (Taiwanese sourced electrical) scrap which is then devalued to the national standard and would back out.
Lol

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:53 pm 

The point of my post was that if you did get something it probably would be a plated tungsten ingot, or a gold bar that had holes drilled in it, and then tungsten rods inserted in it. Wikipedia also said many of the counterfeit bars are shipped from China. ;)

I was not thinking about the discounted part of it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:48 pm 
Site Admin

I didn’t actually read the post. I made a mistake in editing the op. And since it was spam I simply gave up and deleted rather than fix my act of obstinance.
As such since the only remaining discussion was about tungsten I went whit that line of discussion.

Lol.