Welcome to Boardsortâ„¢ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:01 pm

Post subject: Identify CPU chips
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 10:23 am 

Am new to Boardsort. Have a bunch of CPUs acquired over the years. I have a photo. They are Pentium 4, Celeron, and Xeon. They all basically look the same. What category are they listed under. Also they look like they are made out of metal. Are they actually ceramic? Additionally, how to you ship other processors when you have onesies and twosies of them. Do you group them together and ship by combined weight? Any input would be appreciated.

Attachments:
CPU.jpg
CPU.jpg [ 1.41 MiB | Viewed 1359 times ]

Post subject: Re: Identify CPU chips
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 1:05 pm 

The 2 you currently have posted will go as green fiber with metal assuming they have pins. If it is a green or brown fiber chip and it does not have a metal cap then it is considered green/brown fiber without metal.

Any p4 and newer chips that you have that don't have pins will go as pinless either with or without the metal cap.

You can look at the gallery and the payout page for more examples of these chips.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 10:25 pm 

BMcPhillips wrote:
Are they actually ceramic?

These ones wouldn't be. Only really old CPU's are ceramic and those will be a different color. If you would like to see what they look like, then check out the Payout Rates page. Under the CPU and Chips category, all the processors listed from Gold Cap Gold Leg 8086 IC to Pentium/Mac Ceramic are ceramics.

BMcPhillips wrote:
Additionally, how to you ship other processors when you have onesies and twosies of them.

Keep them separate. When I just have one or two processors for a single category, I just weigh them and enter the weight into the right CPU category in the Instant Quote and then I put them in a plastic bag and ship them.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 9:58 am 

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 6:39 pm 

First step in sorting them is to separate the ones with gold pins from those which have a flat bottom, ie, pinless or no pin chips.