Welcome to Boardsortâ„¢ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:53 am

Post subject: Help with board id
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 9:59 pm 

I could use some help grading some boards I've tried with the pics in the list but have had no luck. I have mostly Broadcom equipment. Much appreciated for any help.

Attachments:
20220513_181334.jpg
20220513_181334.jpg [ 2 MiB | Viewed 723 times ]
20220513_181817.jpg
20220513_181817.jpg [ 2.27 MiB | Viewed 723 times ]
20220513_182638.jpg
20220513_182638.jpg [ 2.08 MiB | Viewed 723 times ]

Post subject: Re: Help with board id
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 11:33 pm 

I'm posting this on your first post since it came first but I have looked through your others also and I'm only referencing your first picture here in my examples, you'll need to go through all your boards.

You need to go through and remove any batteries; I've seen several. Use this thread as a reference, I posted a variety of common batteries. For example, your board labeled 1 has one.

You also need to go through and remove the steel shields/lids from any boxes. You do not need to remove the steel boxes in most cases. Your boards 1,3,6 definitely have them, 5 may too, can't tell for sure.

Any aluminum heatsinks can be removed too especially if they're large. I see one on board 5, that's smaller, if it doesn't come off easily you can apply a little heat or leave it.

Then, I think your other posts address this but do make sure you're pictures are clear. Sometimes a blurry black box is a more valuable IC sometimes it's a less valuable transistor. Not being able to tell in a picture which is which can make a board's grade change. Taking pictures with fewer boards can help this, as does good even lighting.

As far as labeling the boards, you did great! Hopefully I or someone else can offer our opinion soon; there's several things I'm not sure about after looking through them tonight and want to look them over again when I have a little more time.

Post subject: Re: Help with board id
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 3:16 pm 

I have went through all boards and have removed all batteries and steel shields not the boxes tho. I've looked at all the pics that you graded thank you very much. I will post another grouping of boards I'll make sure they are clear pics and items removed that need be.