Welcome to Boardsort™ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:44 am

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:09 pm 

I have a bunch of these 2 types of boards. They have goldfingers on them but wasn't sure if they were considered such. Any help on what to ship them as would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments:
20220705_140050.jpg
20220705_140050.jpg [ 2.78 MiB | Viewed 1623 times ]
20220705_140119.jpg
20220705_140119.jpg [ 2.33 MiB | Viewed 1623 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:30 pm 

If those are two different boards, taking photos of the back will help in accurately identifying them. Especially the top one. I'm not experienced enough to tell you what to send them in as but I do know that will help a lot or you can just state there is no IC population on the opposite side if that's the case (either way works it seems).

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:38 pm 

The back sides of both boards are essentially blank. Just solder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:06 am 

Bump. Looking to box these up this weekend. Any info would be appreciated thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:04 pm 

In all fairness, I have not shipped anything to Boardsort yet, still learning and collecting a shipment for the last year off and on, so take it how you like. I can at least tell you they should go for gold finger, just remove the 2 aluminum heat sinks off the board in the bottom picture maybe (quote list says no heat sinks, not sure of size), maybe someone else can verify this.

For a reference on gold finger cards: https://boardsort.com/escrapforum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21180

I wasn't sure about the board in the top picture(the one with more IC coverage) going for high grade telecom so I said to post about the back side, but with nothing on it I would have to say gold finger with my very limited experience it doesn't seem like enough population for High grade telecom (many have attested to boards being upgraded by the staff at Boardsort when being processed, so they would probably upgrade those if indeed they are telecom, especially if they were seperated).

I'm no authority on this so I hesitated to call it but if no one else confirms and you don't feel confident with it, a good piece of advice I received on here was to put them separated in the box with a note but include them with the category you think they go in on the quote list.

Sorry for the long post, just wanted you to know where I'm coming from. Best to you with it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:27 pm 

Thank you. The whole boxing separately is a good idea. I never thought of going that route. I'm just afraid of having too much stuff sent in at once that I'm insure of classification

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:14 pm 

Yeah, I definitely understand. I'm still debating how I will do my first shipment. I have a smaller amount of stuff (saw your picture you posted with the shed full) but maybe enough to do a test run and make sure I am sorting well enough so far. I have taken low and mid grade boards to the closest place to me (about two hours) just to see how things went with them and I was glad I did even though it wasn't worth the cost of fuel or time.
If you have a lot of identical boards, you would probably be pretty safe to send them separated out in groups with a note for the grade you think they are. And then there is always emailing Chris just to be sure on a few things (can take a few days for him to get back depending on how busy he is), but I've found usually someone on here will get around to answering grading questions pretty quickly.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:15 pm 

These type boards I'm thinking you're not looking at GFC.

Top board I'd say low telco.
Bottom board I'm thinking high peripheral, might be good to unscrew the aluminum heatsinks but not sure that's strictly necessary since they're smaller.

If you can package your "unsure of grades" with the material grades you think they are and in a way that Boardsort can see them first when they open your shipment; that can help them to quickly pick up those boards and move them to another pile if they don't agree. I personally try to never send anything I don't know the grade on and then only in small quantity.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:20 pm 

I'm afraid I may have 100 lbs of unsure boards

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:48 pm 

If we're not being helpful enough you can always email Chris (Boardsort) for confirmation.