Welcome to Boardsort™ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:54 pm

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:26 pm 

Marked,
I was just curious if you think the finger is not gold flashed, making it not gold finger card rate. I only ask to check what you thought about it for my own information (are there boards that look gold plated but are not?).
I do know in the post I referenced, card #1 was very questionable with coverage, but definitely appeared gold flashed in person (not sure about picture) and came out to be gold finger card rate through an email to Chris. So if this card isn't going to go for gold finger rate, I would probably put a few cards I have in the separated "unsure" piles. Just want to make sure my information is good.

Rsco,
This might be a good one that if you are able to verify what the outcome is, to come back and report what happens with it (I at least would appreciate it) for those of us still learning.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:33 pm 

I definitely will. I'll probably email Chris today about it today

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:50 am 

SamW wrote:
Marked,
I was just curious if you think the finger is not gold flashed...

The fingers weren't really a factor, it's the rest of the board. They're both fairly large so there's a lot of other weight there and most of the time when I've asked about anything with gold fingers that aren't a PCI (or similar) card they don't get graded with GFCs. The fingers definitely still matter; the top board without the fingers I may have said probably low telco because there's enough other weight that I wouldn't be sure the ICs on their own would get it there (they should but the fingers just help me to not debate myself). The second board I was thinking low peripheral might be closer because the board is fairly empty but between the few ICs and the gold fingers I think it can manage high peripheral.

I don't know everything though and when we get word back from Chris we can adjust if we need to.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:55 pm 

I appreciate your response on my question marked. I understand what you were saying better now. I believe that board I referenced was a peripheral type of board but I will definitely be interested to see what happens especially with the different types of coverage on these.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:04 am 

So I emailed Chris and got it figured out. The 1st pic (darker green) is high Telcom. The 2nd pic (lighter colored) is low telecom

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:35 pm 

Awesome! I do tend to grade lower when I'm not sure. There's probably something on the second board I'm not recognizing the value of and the first I was borderline and didn't want you to send it and get downgraded if I was wrong.

:D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:31 pm 

I learned something there, so I'm very glad you were able to post back the results Rsco, and I'm glad you chimed in marked to help get things on track.