Welcome to Boardsortâ„¢ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:12 pm

Post subject: Hello ? Hello? Anyone???
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:56 pm 

So I think I must be doing something wrong. I have lots of boards to sell but I am not sure how to identify them. I posted pics in this forum and I think I was polite and friendly. However I have two posts with over 80 views and no replies. I am reluctant to post more items I need to identify because of the lack of feedback. I apologize if I offended anyone. Will someone please help me to move forward? Talking to yourself is no fun at all....just sayin !!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:58 pm 

Tothtemountain: I think you were victim of timing. There wasn't much going on the days before Christmas, and the usual guys who usually help guess the classification were not active. So for several days, there were few answers. By the time some of the regular participants returned to activity, your posts had already slipped down to page two, and once a post is not at the top, few people go on down past some other already answered posts, just assume there are no more unanswered. I know how eager one is to get as many id'd as quickly as possible, but I suggest few pics and fewer different in the same post. Concentrate on a couple or three that are almost alike, with some few differences, so we can comment on the connectors or lack of, the amount of IC's or the preponderance of non IC components, so you will learn the difference between low and high peripheral, why another is high peripheral and not low telcom. Also, a lot of strange shaped and strange looking boards are of a type we may not have personally encountered, so we hesitate to comment. Basically, what I am suggesting is try to post similar boards for a few posts, concentrating on them until they are fixed in your mind. When you have six different grades in the same set, the grade doesn't burn into your memory. In elementary math, you did not learn addition, subtraction, multiplication and division all on the same day, but kept repeating one operation until it was familiar.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:02 pm 

Looks like you got some feedback! I know for me if I'm not sure of what the classification is (or at least a good idea) I won't respond because I don't want to give any false hope. There are a bunch of lurkers here that look but don't comment as well!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:44 am 

Thank you Meowpher the 10th for your reply. Your comments made sense to me and I will try to take your advice. I actually had considered what you said about a being a victim of timing. Anyway, I will keep my posts and pics more focused and I look forward to learning the nuances of escrap.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:47 am 

Ropeman !! Thanks again for your continued support. I look forward to future conversations and the benefit of your experience. Off I go to organize and take pics with renewed enthusiasm !