Welcome to Boardsortâ„¢ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:06 pm

Post subject: elevator processor board
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 11:41 am 

This is front of a elevator processor board
How dow I grade this
Do I remove the processor chips and send in separately

Attachments:
IMG_20230521_112650092_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230521_112650092_HDR.jpg [ 3.3 MiB | Viewed 571 times ]

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 8:43 am 

Looks like the four gold colored chips at the bottom may elevate it to gold chip board, but if they are gold leg gold top, then you will need to consider they are the highest value so consider removing them. Otherwise, I can't see the board being any better than high peripheral due to the heavy transformers and capacitors.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 8:44 am 

And, be sure to read the posts on this board concerning the red toggle switch and its components.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 10:42 am 

Meowpher the 10th wrote:
Looks like the four gold colored chips at the bottom may elevate it to gold chip board, but if they are gold leg gold top, then you will need to consider they are the highest value so consider removing them. Otherwise, I can't see the board being any better than high peripheral due to the heavy transformers and capacitors.

No expert here, but I have never seen a gold leg resistor. Do they exist? I would assume if they do it would be some very expensive boards with alot more high end components. The Z components from my knowledge would tend to be higher in PM than a resistor on average.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 2:50 pm 

Total amateur here, still thinking that resistors are a round cylinder with a wire coming out of both ends If those yellow/gold rectangles with legs are resistors, then thanks for educating me. But, there have been incidents of a gold capped IC chip on a brown board low grade power board before.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 8:10 pm 

I have attached a reference of board identification. All the ic on this board are z but some z also look more like resistor. My limited electronic knowledge components labeled U are always going to contain more PM. Z could be a crapshoot for lack of a better word. Thank you for the heads up on gold cap on low grade I have yet to see one but I have seen many socket mounted EPROMs on low grade boards that I pull before I send to local yard.

Attachments:
IMG_0023.png
IMG_0023.png [ 12.48 KiB | Viewed 525 times ]

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 9:42 pm 

The four "gold" chips are just a yellow packaging instead of the typical black. The lighting on the board is also more yellow so I don't think any pins with a yellow tint are actually gold plated.