Welcome to Boardsortâ„¢ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2026 7:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2026 10:32 pm 

Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:19 pm
Posts: 11
Can anyone one help me with the grade of this board? I think its high grade telecom but not totally sure and do I need to remove the SFP cages? I tried removing the cages on a few smaller boards but it take the connectors with them. Thanks!


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 5:12 pm 

Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:31 pm
Posts: 72
Location: Hutchinson, KS
I'm not the best to be commenting but..., I've always understood it that if it's steel and can be removed with fair amount of ease, then it should be removed.
but
I'd want to know from someone more knowledgeable on this one because if I can stop doing that to some of the boards, I'd be really pleased!!!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 12:02 pm 

Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:44 pm
Posts: 2658
Location: I'm right here :D
Are they steel? If so, definitely try to get as much off as you can, unfortunately I'm not familiar with these so I'm not sure the best way to go about that.

_________________
Here to learn more so I can recycle more
My grades are my own opinion and not an official grade from Boardsort


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2026 7:06 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:38 pm
Posts: 821
Location: Western Pennsylvania
How about a side view looking right into the ports.
Here to learn like everybody else.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  

cron