Welcome to Boardsort™ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2026 6:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Tablets
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 5:08 pm 

Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:31 pm
Posts: 70
Location: Hutchinson, KS
So I don't have a lot by any means at all, but i got a small stack that i can carry (maybe 10). I don't want to pay the postage to mail them in to Boardsort @ $0.50/pound because it's like 10 pounds... Anyone know of another type of resource that I could sell tablets at?
I've checked my scrap yard...
I've looked into the Amazon program for trading in devices & these don't qualify...
I've been to the EcoATM, if your familiar with that, and it'll give me $1 per tablet because of their age, condition, & being locked (apple).
I know they have a board inside of them, so if I were to crack them open., those boards would likely be High Peripheral maybe???
So, I'm trying to see what other options might be out there for Tablets..

let me know your thoughts!

Thanks


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Tablets
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 7:03 am 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:38 pm
Posts: 819
Location: Western Pennsylvania
https://boardsort.com/escrapforum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=25309&p=55866&hilit=Tablets#p55866
The link may help you.
Also.https://boardsort.com/escrapforum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=24412&p=51792&hilit=Tablet#p51752
Here to learn like everybody else.
My evaluations are my own opinion.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Tablets
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 12:53 pm 

Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:31 pm
Posts: 70
Location: Hutchinson, KS
Catwhisker wrote:



Thanks


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Tablets
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 5:02 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:57 pm
Posts: 10575
Location: Low DOS
If they are all iPads and all locked, you’re probably out of luck most places.
That EcoATM would accept them is a good sign though. That’s a good test for EVERYONE to find out the kind of lock the item has if you don’t understand the differences.

In your case it’s almost guaranteed it’s not an Activation lock. EcoATM doesn’t accept those.

Sell broke is my go to.
itsworthmore I’ve used as well
webuybackelectronics Is highly rated.


Ebay will work. But you have to know the exact lockout. The actual value is based on that as much as the model and condition.

_________________
42 6F 61 72 64 73 6F 72 74 2E 63 6F 6D


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Tablets
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 5:06 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:57 pm
Posts: 10575
Location: Low DOS
Oh, and iPad boards go as high peripheral. If it has a separate card (older tablets) for communication, it’s a wifi card.

But you’re stuck with a lot of ewaste to deal with. You can’t legally toss it in the trash. Some home depot, Lowe’s, ace etc will take a raw pouch battery. Some won’t. Don’t toss it, they WiLL burst and cause a fire in a garbage truck. And if they catch you doing so, it’s 10s of thousands in fines and possibly jail for tossing out a battery.

_________________
42 6F 61 72 64 73 6F 72 74 2E 63 6F 6D


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: