Welcome to Boardsortâ„¢ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:04 am

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:48 am 

I was wondering if you normally remove components like soldered-in relays or inductors from boards, or is it better leave them for the weight? Or do they downgrade boards? I have a good pile of them because I've been removing them, but its a bit of work and prep and i'm wondering if its worth it. I could do numbers but its hard to tell since they vary so much in weight. Does anyone have any advice or experience?

Thanks!

Attachment:
IMG_1556.jpg
IMG_1556.jpg [ 2.04 MiB | Viewed 3045 times ]
Attachment:
IMG_1555.jpg
IMG_1555.jpg [ 1.79 MiB | Viewed 3045 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:52 pm 

I guess you have figured out the answer that satisfies you by now, 10 months later. If the board is anything other than a low or midgrade board or power supply board, yes, remove all the heavy metal/copper/heatsinks leaving only the other valuable components. With the transformers and toroids, not likely to go above 50 cents per pound, and shipping is roughly a dollar a pound, so why loose money...in fact you cannot economically ship any board worth less than a dollar a pound. Since I deliver in person, I leave the heavys on the low and midgrade, Back when the low/mid were less than 20 cents per pound, it was profitable to strip the heavys and sell locally.