Welcome to Boardsortâ„¢ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:33 pm

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 9:51 pm 

I'm fairly new at this and have successfully sent in one box of stuff. I the answer to my question is throw it all in one box, but I want to make sure ...

There is a post about grading motherboards that says laptop motherboards are "large socket" ...

I have one large socket motherboard, a large pile of laptop motherboards, and a large pile of boards that Chris said "I would buy those as laptop motherboards"

Can I throw them all in one box and call them all large socket? Should I throw them all in one box and call them laptop? Or, do I really need to separate them?

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 11:46 pm 

I'm not really sure but if it was me, I would weigh the laptop motherboards and the large socket motherboard separately and enter the respective weights into the Laptop Motherboards and Large Socket Motherboard category's. Then I would tape a piece of paper on the large socket motherboard identifying it a large socket motherboard. Then I would pack the box. That's what I did in my last shipment. I had 21lbs of Laptop Motherboards and 2 Large Socket Motherboards. It worked fine for me and wasn't that much extra work but it probably wouldn't matter if you did what you are talking about doing.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 2:15 am 
Site Admin

Laptop Motherboards and larg socket motherboards were only separated in class relativity recently.

I suggest weighing and quoting by pay chart class based on the current pay chart.
You can ship a single box if you want, just do your best to keep thing sorted using cardboard or paper spacers between grades. I personally prefer mega sized zip ties. Binding classes together. You can pick up a few dozen or more at a time for under $10.