Welcome to Boardsort™ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:09 am

Post subject: Newbie Help!
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 3:28 am 

Hello anyone,
I’m new to this forum and selling to Boardsort. I was wondering if there is anyone that is willing to help me grade boards? I have read many topics I felt may help me in doing this myself,we’ll here I am so I’m sure u can tell my confidence level. Im not looking for someone to just do it for me while I go fuck off. But I need someone that can point me in the right direction by looking at a lot of inventory so I can get the just. It’s mainly what I think is high grade telecom by the pictures on boardsort. There are only a couple pictures and I have many different types. I didn’t want to piss anyone off by posting a flood of pictures and getting blackballed from the get go. Maybe this would b better done by pm. Any useful comments and or someone willing to help me get started would be greatly appreciated.
Thanx BS

Post subject: Re: Newbie Help!
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 3:34 pm 
Site Admin

First thing to remember is nobody is perfect. We all make mistakes. Even actual boardsort employees, from time to time.
So never feel bad about being wrong.

Want help? Post photos.
Use some common sense. Small piles of a dozen boards can be figured out if you took the time to read/look at the photo list in eScrap prices. And do some preliminary sorting.

Spread thing out in nice grids. Left to right top to bottom. Or mark them some how. Anything that lets us give you an easy reply.
Look at the posts that get quick answers. Vs the ones that sit for days or weeks.
Mimic the idea for the ones with quick replies.

If your posts get ignored, or you have trouble posting. Email me!
At either iCloud or gmail. Subject boardsort.
My email server app sorts subjects into special folders. And I tend to reply with 48 hours. Often much sooner. It helps if you already posted here and include a link.

Finally it’s much better to make a dozen posts of a few boards each per photo with one or two photos per post. Rather than mega posting one long list of dozens of photos.

This is an extremely friendly community. One of the kinder ones I’m involved with! I’ve been on site here for a near decade now and only twice have I seen anyone run off.
One who posted dozens of esoup photos and disappeared, only to come back 4 weeks later under a new handle and lie about their shipment.
The other posted the same series of photos they were told weren’t discernible. Over, and over, and over. And over. And over.
And over.
That didn’t turn out well. Photos of giant piles in a dark garage at midnight with no flash, aren’t discernible. Dozens of posts of the same photo doesn’t change bad photography.I took stunning photos in the 90s on a .5MP camera that produced 200kB GIF photos. No excuses on bad photos. That’s one thing I won’t buy.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 7:44 pm 

Can I get an email address for you? I have pictures that are layed out how you suggested and also I have some items not found on list that I believe you would want/ buy. After reading I found most of my questions were being answered now I just need some confirmation im right or wrong with grading and if I should send other items and what they pay. Thanks

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 7:57 pm 
Site Admin

Lostinlodos

gmail or iCloud work best for images.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:19 pm 

How do I get a CPU off of a newer laptop motherboard

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:42 pm 
Site Admin

You don’t. They are soldered to the board in nearly all cases.