Welcome to Boardsort™ - Learn - Sell - Profit -

Learn to properly Sort, Sell, and Profit from your electronic scrap material.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:09 am

Post subject: How to label boards
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:05 pm 

What do I label finger boards that I have removed the gold corner bga and finger?

Same with motherboards?

How do i label power supply boards? I remove the case and wire.

Lastly on the price list. There's a hard drive with out boards price. Is that leaving platters and the rest in them?

Thank you for whom ever helps me. Just trying to do it right.

Post subject: Re: How to label boards
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:21 pm 
Site Admin

If you remove just the fingers from a gold finger class board it’s a trimmed card
Removing the bga throws that into the air and a photo is required. It drops the value to from midgrade to peripheral

Motherboards (that fall into the motherboard class) rarely have finger (edge) connectors except for older server boards. Removing the fingers there rarely damages the class. Removing any bga chips from motherboards drops them to midgrade

Power supply boards are generally low grade. Extreme power units, 1500w+, for cube servers, gaming computers and mining rigs can make midgrade, or even peripheral in some rare cases with extensive, guided, removal of certain components.

Last: yes. That is for a complete drive minus the controller board.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:07 am 

Yea i realize that motherboards don't have fingers. That was my bad i didn't pay attention to my own question. I dont mind it being dropped down. Just don't want to label it wrong. Does boardsort buy laptop lcd panels. I come across a large bit of them n my last venture. They are from dell latitude laptop 13.3 inch. I have way more than I can process. Thats why I am selling g stuff through here. I have boards from all sort of electronics. Is it safe to say that if its not computer or telecom stuff that it is considered low grade?

Cd/dvd boards does that include boards from dvd players or game consoles

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:44 pm 
Site Admin

Stretchsotgautocare wrote:
Is it safe to say that if its not computer or telecom stuff that it is considered low grade?

Not at all. Whilst the general premise going in looking at such stuff should be ‘not as good’ it doesn’t really hold up. I’ve pulled boards out of digital alarm clocks that went as telco, now low telco class. And boards from traffic control units can be high telco or better.
On the other side even the most high end A/V equipment can put out nothing but low and midgrade boards.

Stretchsotgautocare wrote:
Cd/dvd boards does that include boards from dvd players or game consoles

Yes. Generally. Both half height and standard CD/DVD/BluRay/HDDVD/~
The oldest external SCSI cd rom boards tend to make hard drive class. And the newest BDU drives can regularly jump into telco. But send those in for warranty. They’re all still covered since they’re not even 3 months old.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:04 pm 

As far as cd dvd most of what i have is 90s early 00s other than the random dvd player for the living room. Only external type drives i have are floppy and a Zip drive.

On the boards in this picture. The bottom is trimmed fingers now some sort of expansion type i suppose. Would it even fall into finger board area?
The red one is trimmed an owner prior removed the bios chip. Is it still a trimmed card or would it be more like low grade?

The ati card it has that other board on top of it does that need to be removed before sending it?

I ask too many questions. What is a good rule of thumb to put cards in their respective categories?

Attachments:
16007363311814359001916969585707.jpg
16007363311814359001916969585707.jpg [ 3.83 MiB | Viewed 3960 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:06 pm 

I know it says that the brackets are okay, but is their a higher payout if they are removed?

Whole cell phones without backs and batteries. Does that include smartphone type cell phones?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:19 pm 
Site Admin

Cards without the connector go as trimmed finger cards
The riser, if the pins are gold it’s still backplane.
If not it will likely be midgrade.

Removing brackets and 100% of shields and steel/aluminium framing
Quote:
Gold Finger Card Clean NO Fan NO Sink NO Bracket

Must obviously have the edge ‘finger’ connector still

And it’s ohkay to remove SOCKETED chips from all/any cards unless it’s high telco or above.